Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder Construction Services is seeking an experienced Civil Inspectors to join our team. This position will focus on providing inspections for transportation related road projects.
Why consider a role with Kleinfelder Construction Services? Not only are we well-established in the industry, but our culture embodies responsibility, accountability, and authority – the pillars of leadership in action! You will have the opportunity to work side by side with experts, you will be part of a team where your ideas will be heard and where you will have the ability maintain a healthy work-life-balance.
As a Civil Inspector, responsibilities include the following:
- Perform daily construction inspection of work operation to ensure contractor is building per contract plans and specifications
- Prepare detailed Daily Inspection Reports, with photos, accurately reflecting the construction progress
- Measure, calculate, track, and record pay quantities for monthly estimates
- Assist the Resident Engineer with change orders, RFI’s, submittals, response letters to the contractor, and as-built drawings
- Maintain a good working relationship with contractor and client
- Minimum of 4 years of experience required
- Inspection experience including traffic control, PCC and AC paving, earthwork, grading, drainage, and signing and striping
- BS degree in Civil Engineering
- Knowledge of Caltrans standard plans, specifications, procedures, and Construction Manual is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Ability to work night shifts for an extended duration
- Position requires candidate be pro-active and personable
- Ability to learn quickly and assist with applicable tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Prior construction experience is a plus
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.