Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients" transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder"s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking a dynamic, well-organized, and detailed-oriented Project Controls professional to join our Bay Area team. This position can sit in any of our Bay Area offices.
The Project Controls Specialist performs tasks in support of project budget, schedule and reporting activities. This position assists Kleinfelder"s project managers and program managers with the development and organization of project data such as fee estimates, earned value, status reports, cost reports, backlog projections and resource needs. The Project Controls Specialist works under general supervision from the Supervisor/Manager within specific guidelines and protocols on routine and semi‐routine assignments.
- Status/Cost Tracking and Analysis ‐Assists with data collection and implementation of accounting methods, budget tracking, earned value analysis, status reports, and cost projections based on Project Manager or Senior Project Control Specialist direction.
- Cost Proposals/Rate Analysis - Assists in development of cost proposals or fee estimates to meet client needs. Performs rate analysis to optimize project performance.
- Change Management - Assists in tracking and monitoring the change management process.
- Invoicing - Supports a high level of invoice management and finance support for the project team.
- Document Control ‐ Supports project team in aspects of document and materials management and project collaboration websites. Works to ensure the project file structure complies with Kleinfelder and project guidelines where applicable.
- Project Related Tasks ‐ Assists with project tasks such as permit applications, agency regulation coordination, project funding, community relations, and project communications.
- Project Delivery Team Support - Assist and support Project Manager, assigned project staff, and Senior Project Control Specialist as requested.
- Communication - Data entry and maintenance of project specific tracking logs and daily communication (i.e. email) to project team and stakeholders.
Position Competency Requirements:
- Consults with others on problems and activities.
- Collects information from a range of sources to assess and guide job activities.
- Asks effective questions to obtain information to help him/her perform their job
- Takes accountability for delivering on commitments.
- Owns mistakes and uses them as opportunities for learning and development.
- Openly discusses his/her actions and their consequences both good and bad.
Adapting to Change
- Maintains a positive attitude in the face of change.
- Appropriately adjusts behavior and activities to changing conditions.
Following Policies and Procedures
- Understands and follows company policies.
- Encourages others to follow work rules.
- Calls attention to actions that may violate policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
- Understands how to effectively participate in safety training, office safety and stewardship meetings, safety message sharing, and site tailgate meetings, as appropriate to position.
- Understands how the Kleinfelder Injury and Illness Prevention Plan (IIPP) applies to their position and team and can demonstrate compliance with applicable safety regulations.
- Understands the Health and Safety planning hierarchy, i.e., implementing a site Health and Safety Plan and JLAs, using JLAs, LPSAs and Stop Work Authority in the field to manage change.
- Demonstrates commitment to using LPS and other Health and Safety tools to identify and correct hazards, at‐risk behavior, and near losses.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Associate degree in Finance, Business, Project Management or equivalent combination of education and experience required. B.S. in Finance/Accounting preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of related experience to include project and accounting experience.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Able to demonstrate tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrates initiative.
- Able to comprehend new problems or situations and recommend actions to minimize risk.
- Able to prioritize and organize work based on key goals and objectives.
- Ensure quality is achieved on all project deliverables.
- Well-developed presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Current driver"s license with acceptable (i.e. good) driving record.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.