Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives – managing the entire project lifecycle from project inception through design, permitting, construction and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder’s Denver, CO office is seeking a creative, highly talented, Geostructural Engineer to become a technical leader in our Renewable Energy (solar) discipline in Colorado. Colorado offices are supporting major large utility scale solar projects, transportation, oil and gas, power, and water projects in Colorado and other locations nationally. This is your opportunity to help engineer large utility scale solar development projects and consequently lead other engineers on the project while gaining priceless experience on unique high-profile projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with internal and external teams. As part of the assigned duties the Engineer will perform geotechnical analysis, structural analysis, engineering design, top of pile plans, and ultimately project proposal and management duties with integrity and a drive to succeed. The successful candidate will be required to ensure high client service by providing constructible designs, meeting deadlines and creating clear communications with our clients and our teams.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work independently or in multidisciplinary teams
- Have experience guiding staff engineers on large design projects
- Have experience preparing and reviewing structural reports, drawings, and specifications in conjunction with geotechnical findings for foundations for large scale solar developments
- Have experience preparing and reviewing pile load testing plans and analysis
- Have experience preparing and reviewing top of pile plans
- Have experience supervising field observation, testing, and performing site visits
- Be able to pro-actively troubleshoot and problem-solve with practical, client-focused solutions
- Be able to interface with the civil design team to develop and value-engineer practical, fit-for-use engineering solutions
- Have experience assisting project managers and business leadership with developing strategic pursuits and proposals
- Be able to organize priorities and multi-task effectively
- Possess a thirst to learn and achieve continuous improvement in a team environment
- Candidates are required to have 10+ years of solar related experience
- Proven experience in structural design and geotechnical engineering
- Proven experience in preparing proposals
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Professional Engineering License
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
Salary range: $76,398-$ $127,293
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and consideration for an annual bonus.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.