Kleinfelder is a collection of engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder has a great growth opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Leader for the Atlanta Market.
The selected candidate will work in our team-oriented environment, primarily providing business/client development while also adding project management and technical leadership. He or she will focus on expanding and diversifying Kleinfelder’s Atlanta operations by: introducing new clients and opportunities, cross-selling new services to existing Clients, and providing business development leadership. This is an excellent growth opportunity for an individual with an established network of Clients, looking to take a very reputable operation to the next level.
As part of the assigned duties the Senior Leader will perform geotechnical engineering design, project proposal and management duties with integrity and a drive to succeed. The successful candidate will be required to ensure high client service by providing constructible designs, meeting deadlines and creating clear communications with our clients.
- A minimum of 10 years of engineering consulting experience in Atlanta and with a focus on the commercial market (Industrial Logistics, Retail, Office, Mixed Use, Healthcare, High Tech).
- Demonstrable experience developing and managing client relationships
- Proven experience in leading diverse project teams
- Proven experience in capturing business development opportunities and preparing proposals
- Licensed PE in the state of GA
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineer with a MS in Geotechnical Engineering strongly desired.
- Be a recognized leader in their field with consulting experience
- Proven experience in geotechnical design, slope stability, design of shallow, mat, and deep foundations, design of retaining walls, and large earthmoving projects
- Have experience being externally focused to grow client relationships and develop business
- Be able to collaborate with Area leadership and Project Managers to resource delivery effectively
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work independently or in multidisciplinary teams
- Have experience planning, implementing, and managing geotechnical exploration programs including assigning laboratory testing
- Have experience guiding staff engineers in performing material and site characterization, foundation recommendations, slope stability, and settlement analyses, etc.
- Have experience preparing geotechnical reports, drawings, and specifications for foundations and earthwork for a wide range of projects
- Have experience supporting project managers in budget management, client updates, and general project management tasks
- Have experience leading teams of geotechnical engineers and professionally develop staff at all levels
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.