Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
The Florida Area is currently seeking a Civil Design Engineer (Water Resources / Site Planning) to be based out of our Mount Dora (Orlando area) office working in our team-oriented environment, to provide our private and municipal clients with engineering services on a diversity of challenging projects.
The primary focus of this position is providing engineering design support for the surface mining industry in Florida and the southeastern US. The ideal candidate will understand engineering practices and principles as they relate to water resources and site planning activities.
Primary responsibilities in this role include working with project engineers to help prepare stormwater management plans, grading plans, and provide technical support for water resource management and mining permit requirements.
Additional responsibilities may include general civil site design, wetland systems restoration and reclamation analyses and design, and general water resources engineering.
Candidates for this position must have:
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience to include storm water management design, site design (including grading, erosion and sediment control, etc.), permitting experience with regulatory agencies, and related civil engineering tasks in the State of Florida and the southeast US
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil, Environmental or Biological Engineering
- Current Civil Engineering Intern (EI) registration, or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD Civil 3D; working knowledge of ArcGIS and various hydrologic and hydraulic engineering software programs
- Excellent communication and writing skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to travel in and out of state as needed
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.