Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking an Administrative Specialist/Business Development Coordinator to support our Sacramento office and drive growth throughout the South Valley. This position will sit in our Sacramento, California, office.
Provides administrative support for the office by word processing reports/presentations, record maintenance and scheduling and serving as the office receptionist. Completes filing, data entry and general clerical duties, compiles reports, processes paperwork and administers processes in accordance with prescribed guidelines and procedures.
We anticipate this position to be 50% administrative support and 50% business development support primarily for Kleinfelder’s Sacramento operation.
- Sets up accounts in system to ensure contracts are well organized. Prepares and administers agreements, addendums, fee letters and confidentiality agreements as requested.
- Handles customer questions and complaints, communicates with customers, handles service problems politely and efficiently, always available for customers, follows procedure to solve customer problems, understands company products and services, maintains pleasant and professional image.
- Creates and maintains files and filing system.
- Maintains and reconciles checking account, credit card account.
- Communicates information in a succinct and organized manner, produces written information that is appropriate for the intended audience.
- Completes work schedules, coordinates calendars and arranges appointments.
- Facility maintenance, shipping coordination, ordering office and field supplies.
- Travel plans, meeting prep, coordination of office events.
- Copier maintenance (paper, toner, repair, etc.).
- Vehicle coordination and maintenance.
- Enters data into Deltek/SharePoint (mileage logs, timecards, expense reports).
- Prioritizes well, shows energy, reacts to opportunities, instills urgency in others, meets deadlines.
- Has an excellent grasp of marketing fundamentals, visual communications, and knowledge of theoretical and practical developments in the A/E industry.
- Has strong grammar and writing skills.
- Has strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple assignments under set deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate ability to provide critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Flexible to adapt to changing priorities and direction in a dynamic work environment.
- Has a "client service" mindset and work in close partnership with technical professionals (engineers, scientists, and construction professional).
- Has strong verbal communication skills and ability to organized, prepares for and facilitate recurring marketing meetings.
- Must be committed to continuous learning and growth into greater responsibility within the organization.
- Assist Area Business Development Lead, Client Account Managers, and Project Managers in assessing the needs of client development and implement processes and programs to support these needs.
- Create, gather, research, and organize information from many sources to generate business development documents and presentations. Must synthesize disparate data from multiple sources into coherent documents.
- Assist technical professionals in tracking and driving local marketing pursuits; from identification of key opportunities, through proposal preparation.
- Coordinate with internal and external team members at the area and division level.
- Maintain marketing information systems to include entering/updating business opportunities in Deltek.
- Coordinates administrative efforts across Kleinfelder offices in the Great Valley Area.
- Accepts and follows directions from others.
- Respects authority.
- Complies with requests.
- Takes accountability for delivering on commitments.
- Owns mistakes and uses them as opportunities for learning and development.
- Openly discusses his/her actions and their consequences both good and bad.
- Allocates time and attention based on what is the most important to achieve key goals and objectives.
- Approaches work in an organized and systematic manner.
- Effectively manages tasks, information, and requests.
Education (Including any required Certifications):
Experience: 3-5 years of experience in marketing or sales with a professional services firm.
Bachelor’s degree (English, Marketing, Journalism or Communications preferred).
Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office required and Adobe InDesign preferred.
Business development experience using CRM preferred.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.