Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder Construction Services is seeking an Office Engineer join our Construction Management team.
Why consider a role with Kleinfelder? Not only are we well-established in the industry, but our culture embodies responsibility, accountability, and authority – the pillars of leadership in action! You will have the opportunity to work side by side with experts, you will be part of a team where your ideas will be heard and where you will have the ability maintain a healthy work-life-balance.
As the Office Engineer, responsibilities include the following:
- Receives continual supervision and direction in the performance of assigned responsibility.
- Receives technical and operational direction from the assigned Construction Manager, Resident Engineer, or Project Manager.
- Assists the General Contractor with the planning and coordination of Contractor activities within the area of responsibility.
- Monitor’s subcontractor personnel to ensure adherence with project plans and promotes quality control of all installations.
- Reviews manpower, material, equipment requirements with others as designated by Construction Manager, Resident Engineer, or Project Manager.
- Enforces policies, procedures and related work rules as established by Field Management.
- Assists with compliance of safety program that creates a safe and health work environment through the job site and adheres to OSHA safety and record keeping requirements.
- Ensures safety standards and requirements are adhered to by crafts/trades, laborers and others when in the assigned operational area as well as ensure tools and equipment are in safe condition and operated safely.
- Prepares reports, as required, and keeps supervisors informed on progress of overall assigned activities.
- Under guidance of Construction Manager, Resident Engineer, or Project Manager, monitors work performance and of Contractors to ensure project plans and schedules are followed.
- This includes, but is not limited to, reviewing construction methods, schedules, manning charts, material and equipment requirements, etc...
- Ensures compliance with all internal and external record keeping requirements, with particular emphasis on accurate, properly coded timecards and accurately codes, fully priced material delivery tickets.
- Uses current construction management information system to perform record-keeping tasks including, composing daily diaries, maintaining project logs and retrieving RFIs, submittal logs and agreements.
- Provides assistance to assigned contractors in scheduling issues.
- Monitors the project pre-plan which includes a CPM schedule, work sequences, manpower utilization, material handling and storage requirements and equipment use.
- When requested, interfaces with client, architect and design professionals to ensure compliance to design intent and client satisfaction.
- Contribute to building good communications between field management, project management, estimating, procurement, suppliers, vendors, and specialty contractors to ensure construction complies with plans, specifications and company quality standards and that the project is completed on time and within budget.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing training skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
- 3-6 years of experience required.
- BS/MS degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- Strong communication and writing skills are required.
- Excellent organizational skills are essential.
- Position requires candidate be pro-active and personable.
- Ability to learn quickly and assist with applicable tasks.
- Prior construction experience is a plus.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.