Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder's Santa Rosa office is looking for a Geotechnical Project Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7-10 years of geotechnical engineering experience with a BS in Geotechnical Engineering (MS preferred). This individual will provide high-end technical leadership on complex projects. Strong analytical experience is required in the areas including, soil/rock classification, slope stability analysis, earth retention-systems, deep foundation design, soil improvement techniques, and pavement design. Knowledge of infrastructure, drilling operations and heavy civil project design and construction are preferred. Experience in leading technical projects, directing multi-functional teams and developing and mentoring junior staff.
- Proven experience in providing engineering analyses and oversight of technical delivery,
- Leadership in proposal preparation, project scheduling and deadline delivery
- Strong capabilities in developing work with new and existing clients
- Ability to effectively lead and mentor project teams and staff
- Stewardship of quality, and Risk management
- Experience in Northern California strongly desired
- Minimum 7-10 years of related experience in geotechnical engineering and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations required
- Proven experience in geotechnical engineering in either a technical or project management role in a professional services firm
- PE in CA or the ability to obtain within 4 months required, GE preferred
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.