Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder’s Mid-Atlantic Region is seeking a creative and driven Senior Geotechnical Engineer with a strong business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit to help lead a team of engineers in our rapidly growing Energy market. The location for this position is flexible.
Our Clients’ portfolio of work includes robust Capital Expenditure funding for infrastructure development and upgrade in the gas and electric utility, mid-stream oil and gas, and renewable (solar) market sectors. This is a leadership position that requires effective collaboration across multi-disciplined teams to provide fit-for-purpose solutions for our Clients’ needs. It is an opportunity to work on the most challenging technical projects across a diverse range of geological, topographical and site conditions. This role provides a tremendous opportunity for a motivated engineer to further advance into higher levels of leadership and responsibility with the firm.
Leadership skills, technical experience and responsibilities for this position include:
- Ability to organize priorities and multi-task effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work independently and in collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment
- Perform feasibility assessment, alternatives analysis, constructability reviews and risk management
- Develop proposals, budgets and work plans for geotechnical investigations, design engineering and construction oversight
- Serve as the Engineer of Record to design and construct subsurface elements including foundations, ground improvement applications, stabilized slopes, pipelines, grading and drainage schemes, geo-environmental improvements (landfills and slurry walls) and trenchless technologies including horizontal directional drilling
- Review of geotechnical reports, drawings, analyses and engineering specifications
- Support to program managers in budget management, client updates, and general project management tasks. The ability to directly manage projects is strongly desired.
- Be able to proactively troubleshoot and problem-solve with practical, client-focused solutions
- Lead, grow, supervise, and mentor staff – supporting the achievement of professional career goals.
- Periodic site visits are required throughout engineering and construction activities to interface with Clients and contractors, address problems and develop solutions in real-time.
- 10-15 years of related experience in geotechnical engineering and geo-construction
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, with Masters degree preferred
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) and the ability to gain reciprocity in adjacent states. NCEES record preferred
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.