Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder Construction Service is seeking experienced Project Manager/Resident Engineers to join our growing CM team for current and future transportation and/or public works projects located in the Sacramento and outlying areas!
- Manage and Administer construction of transportation and/or public works projects.
- Daily management of Assistant Resident Engineers, inspection personnel and other quality assurance staff.
- Assign field personnel to specific project tasks and oversee their effectiveness.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports as required.
- Lead weekly progress meetings with Contractor, Owner, Agencies and others as required.
- Monitor & track contractor’s progress.
- Coordinate utility relocations with appropriate agencies.
- Act as prime field contact between various project contractors and the client’s Construction Manager.
- Provide input for the redesign of facilities to fit existing field conditions.
- Perform analytical calculations such as basic earthwork, grading, profiles, and special staking procedures.
- Maintain accurate and timely project records.
- Review/Approve quantity calculations for progress pay estimates.
- Review/Approve and issue contract change orders and associated cost back-up.
- Review contractor’s CPM schedule, RFIs, and submittals such as traffic control plans, mix designs, and SWPPP.
- Review and approve contractor’s monthly progress payment.
- Review inspector’s daily and weekly diaries.
- Read and interpret plans & specifications.
- Verify contractor is in compliance with contract documents.
- Lead project closeout process.
- Foster/Maintain collaborate work environment.
- Ability to work independently, make decisions effectively concerning construction work in progress, and solve field problems.
- Ability to coordinate with various agencies and departments.
- Knowledge of civil components, such as: earthwork, grading, drainage, AC and PCC pavement, traffic control, SWPPP measures, signing and striping, and utility coordination.
- Proficient at reading and interpreting plans & specifications.
- Knowledge of Caltrans construction practices preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written are required.
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills are essential.
- Professional approach at developing strong client relations.
- California Professional Engineer’s license preferred
- BS degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Position requires candidate be pro-active and personable
- Ability to learn quickly and assist with applicable tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.