Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking an experienced and driven Senior Environmental Assessment and Remediation Professional to join us in our Exton, PA office. The ideal candidate will be a professional geologist (PG) with in-depth knowledge of applicable PADEP regulations (Act 2 & Act 32), working knowledge of applicable federal regulations, and the ability to provide technical support on a wide range of site assessment and remediation projects primarily in Pennsylvania, but also in nearby states. The potential candidate should be able to collaborate and communicate effectively in a team environment and exercise project authority and mentorship over project team members. This leadership position requires an excellent attitude and an ability to communicate effectively with clients, regulators, and junior staff.
- Work collaboratively with, supervise and mentor environmental staff in the accurate execution of field activities, data collection, documentation and report preparation for Act 2 and Act 32 environmental projects in Pennsylvania;
- Responsible for the quality and accuracy of technical project deliverables including data interpretation, clear and technically-accurate reporting, recommend remedial solutions to technical problems in accordance with accepted scientific/engineering practices and principles;
- Manage environmental projects including Phase I and Phase II environmental site assessments, subsurface investigations, remedial design, permitting and environmental compliance;
- Supporting the project management team with site strategy, budget management, health and safety performance, and client interaction.
- Support growth of the site assessment and remediation practice in Pennsylvania while maintaining and growing client base.
Successful candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in environmental engineering, geology, or hydrogeology, environmental site assessment, subsurface investigation, and remediation projects. Strong technical skills in assessment & remediation for Energy, Commercial, and/or Industrial clients is expected. Experience with USTs/petroleum, hazardous waste, CERCLA/RCRA, landfills and/or industrial properties is desired.
Additionally, the chosen candidate will possess the following:
- Track record of high level of competency in environmental consulting– including in-depth knowledge of PADEP Act 2 and Act 32 regulations and reporting requirements;
- BS / MS degree in engineering, environmental science, geology, or hydrogeology;
- Pennsylvania PG/PE license required;
- Experience with environmental project management including, site investigation and characterization, including drilling and environmental multi-media sampling techniques and procedures, data interpretation and evaluation, remedial alternatives evaluation and estimating, site remediation, remediation design and oversight;
- Experience interacting with clients, functioning on cross-disciplinary teams, supervising field staff, and managing subcontractors on high-pressure, high visibility projects;
- Experience in the preparation of technical reports, proposals and cost estimates;
- Ability for meeting and exceeding deadlines while maintaining project budgets and regulatory compliance status;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, positive attitude, and ability to work both independently and within groups; and
- Staying current with relevant technology and innovation.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER health and safety training
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, and Power Point. Experience with MS Project a plus.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.