Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our growing East Division engineering team. With expanding opportunities in the region in a variety of different industries (oil and gas, solar, commercial, etc.), the ideal candidate will join our high achieving, fast-paced team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Participating on project teams in the planning, design and construction administration of oil & gas facilities and related pipeline projects.
- Interaction and project coordination with multidiscipline teams including sub-contractors.
- Assist in work activities and communicating with various municipality, utility and governmental regulating agencies.
- Lead design services including:
- Concept Plans; General Arrangements; PFDs and P&IDS; Piping Plans, Elevations, and Details; Pipe Support Details; Bill of Materials; Specification, Data Sheets and Pressure Testing
- Various system process calculations including system working and operational capacities, hydraulics and pneumatics, loading and support calculations, system protection parameters
- Coordination of contract documents including plans and specifications
- Coordination of permit and approval applications
- Bid phase services support
- Design support during construction
And will supporting clients by:
- Performing site visits perform job scoping and coordinate with survey crews, SUE, Geotech, etc.
- Evaluating design alternatives to solve constructability, code, and site challenges.
- Reviewing other’s design plans for potential conflicts or constructability issues and suggest resolutions to lead technical.
Position will also interact with PMs and senior technical staff to complete a variety of project related tasks including leading permitting efforts and procurement documentation preparation and completion.
- 5-10 years of experience with pipelines and related facilities.
- Experience in the planning, design, engineering of natural gas and/or petroleum facilities and pipelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter who can work independently and with team members
- Required, Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university.
- Required, Professional Engineer (PE).
- Ability to engage in multiple projects to complete successful requirement deliveries
- Ability to organize priorities and multi-task effectively
- Ability to perform and check stress calculations
- Pro-actively troubleshoot and problem-solve with practical, client-focused solutions
- Experience dealing with regulatory agencies and review professionals
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.