Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is looking for the right person to join our Environmental Site Assessment and Remediation practice in southern California.
This position will sit in our vibrant Los Angeles office and will help support our site assessment and remediation practice efforts locally, across the state, and abroad. In Los Angeles, Kleinfelder has a large backlog of environmental remediation projects.
This professional will learn to work independently and as an integral team member, using knowledge of industry and/or professional guidelines and protocols to accomplish goals and objectives and solve problems of diverse scope. This is an exciting and challenging position that requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills and a highly organized and responsive candidate, capable of working in a diverse team environment and handling multiple tasks with competing priorities.
Under direct supervision, this person will be responsible for completing well-defined, assigned field and office tasks including, but not limited to:
- Phase I ESA reporting,
- Phase II ESA field efforts and reporting, including:
- groundwater sampling,
- soil vapor sampling,
- collection and logging of soil samples,
- Remediation support, including:
- remediation system design (mechanical aptitude highly desired),
- O&M of remediation systems,
- installation of monitoring wells,
- performing calculations,
- Environmental regulatory compliance sampling, inspections, and monitoring
- Analyzing and interpreting analytical data, and
- Authoring technical reports.
EXPERIENCE & ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or other related field.
Experience: 0-3 years of related experience, demonstrating successful technical execution on environmental projects.
Certification/Registration: Related professional certifications preferred. OSHA 40HR HAZWOPER training is preferred.
Other Knowledge and Skills
Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be client focused to understand and appropriately respond to clients’ project needs.
Focus will be on results-oriented delivery and staying current with relevant technology and innovation. Must have proficient knowledge of federal, state and local agency laws, regulations, and permitting requirements.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service emphasis and solution-oriented delivery.
- Strong ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet timelines.
- Conscientious and high attention to detail.
- Good judgment and sound decision-making skills.
- This position is performed in an office and field environment.
- Candidate must pass a medical surveillance that includes drug screening.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
- Up to 50% of time may be dedicated to field activities in varying environmental conditions including inclement weather.
- Some night and weekend work may be required for this position.
- May periodically require travel and stays outside of the greater Los Angeles area.
- Personal vehicle use for travel to / from project site is expected.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.