Kleinfelder is an engineering, science, and construction consulting firm providing solutions to meet our world's complex infrastructure and natural resource challenges. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation, sustainability, and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives – from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking a Staff Professional (Engineer or Geologist) with a focus on coordination and execution of multi-disciplinary environmental investigation and monitoring projects including Construction.
The candidate for this position will sit in our downtown Los Angeles office and will work on exciting large transportation and municipal agency contracts to contribute a real positive impact on our community. The candidate should be able to collaborate and communicate effectively in a team environment and exercise project authority and mentorship over project team members, while also able to work independently and be self-driven to accomplish goals and objectives.
Under direct supervision, this individual will be responsible for completing assigned field and office tasks including, but not limited to:
- Field evaluations, inspections, monitoring for various environmental construction regulatory requirements including storm water, noise assessment, air quality, water quality, permit compliance, biological resources
- Sampling as needed for surface water, groundwater, air, and soil media
- Phase I ESA reporting
- Phase II ESA field efforts and reporting, including:
- groundwater sampling
- soil vapor sampling
- collection and logging of soil samples
- Remediation support, including:
- remediation system design (mechanical aptitude highly desired)
- O&M of remediation systems
- installation of monitoring wells
- performing calculations
- Analyzing and interpreting analytical data
- Authoring technical reports
- Cost proposals, work plans, and execution strategies
- Subcontractor and third-party oversight and management
- Quality assurance/quality control for project documents
- Managing multiple projects, tasks, and deadlines
EXPERIENCE & ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or other related field.
Experience: Minimum3 years of related experience, demonstrating successful technical execution on environmental projects.
Certification/Registration: Related professional certifications preferred. OSHA 40HR HAZWOPER training is preferred. E.I.T. or G.I.T. is preferred.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Knowledge of acoustical noise and vibration requirements as they relate to construction activities is a strong plus.
- Understanding of construction activities and equipment, and environmental monitoring and inspections.
- Knowledge of local permitting requirements including encroachment permit
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local multimedia environmental regulatory agency laws, regulations, and permitting requirements related to construction in air quality, industrial / stormwater, CEQA, and/or waste.
- Focus will be on results-oriented delivery and staying current with relevant technology and innovation.
- Loss Prevention System (LPS) or similar behavior-based LPS experience and expertise in hazard recognition, risk identification, and root cause analysis.
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet timelines.
- Conscientious and high attention to detail.
- Good judgment and sound decision-making skills.
- This position is performed in an office and field environment.
- Candidate must pass a medical surveillance that includes drug screening.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
- Up to 50% of time may be dedicated to field activities in varying environmental conditions including inclement weather.
- Some night and weekend work may be required for this position.
- May periodically require travel and stays outside of the greater Los Angeles area.
- Personal vehicle use for travel to / from project site is expected.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.