Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking a qualified staff archaeologist to join their San Anselmo cultural resources group. This is a full-time position. Successful candidates will have at least three years of prior experience working in cultural resource management. Must be willing to work with a team of professionals in a fast-paced environment while tracking multiple projects at once. Office job duties include coordinating with archaeological field crews, reviewing field paperwork such as survey and monitoring reports, completing and reviewing Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) 523 forms, and submitting high quality deliverables to our clients. Field duties may include occasional travel to conduct pedestrian surveys, construction monitoring, and recording cultural resources in the field.
Requirements and Qualifications
- BA or higher in Anthropology, Archaeology or closely related field. MA preferred.
- The ability to independently identify prehistoric and historic-era cultural resources. Prior experience with California archaeological resources is required.
- Prior project experience working with the Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) is a plus.
- Three or more years of progressive experience participating in cultural resources field projects in California.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and attention to detail.
- Strong writing skills and clarity in notetaking while working in the field.
- Experience with MS Office (Word and Excel) and Google Earth.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and respond quickly while working in the field or office.
- Have good phone skills and be familiar with Microsoft Teams, Slack, Microsoft Outlook while working remotely (during pandemic).
- Must be flexible when dealing with changing field conditions as well as changing agency and client requirements.
- Experience working on state and federal lands.
- Working knowledge of Section 106 and CEQA.
- Previous experience working with land agency personnel is a plus.
- Experience working with Native American monitors and representatives.
- Familiarity with digital field technology (GPS, total station, iPad etc.) and GIS applications and software. Previous experience using Collector a plus.
- Previous experience preparing DPR 523 forms, monitoring logs, and survey report forms.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- A California driver’s license is required
- Must have a satisfactory driving record and complete a background check
- Candidates who reside in the San Francisco Bay Area are preferred
Please include your resume with relevant CRM experience and at least three references.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology, Archaeology or closely related field required. MA preferred.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.