Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to work in our Boston, MA office location.
Our structural team works for a diverse portfolio of clients, including local / municipal, state, federal, higher education and private industry. Responsibilities include concept design, performing analysis and design of structures; preparing calculations; preparing contract drawings and specifications; estimating costs; reviewing shop drawings and erection procedures; and performing construction administration duties.
To be qualified for this role, you must possess:
- 8-10 years of structural design experience, including experience in the engineering of transportation facilities and/or medium to large industrial and commercial building structures
- Experience in either the design of steel, concrete, prestressed concrete, timber and/or masonry
- Working knowledge of the IBC Codes
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering - Master’s degree is a plus.
- P.E. registration is required.
- Working knowledge of structural engineering applications (SAP, ETABS, STAAD, RAM Steel) is required
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience and knowledge of MBTA, Massport, MassDOT design standards
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Ability to mentor younger staff
- Experience in structural inspection and condition assessments
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.