Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 75 offices in the US, Canada, Guam and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking a Civil / Geotechnical Engineer / Geologist with 3 to 6 years’ experience to join us in our Pittsburgh, PA or Bridgeport, WV office.
Travel to project sites and other Kleinfelder offices is required. Overnight travel for drilling and construction observation assignments should be expected for about 50 percent of the applicant’s time. The Exton office offers a wide range of challenging project work and a great opportunity to develop professionally.
Skills required for this position include:
- strong verbal and written communication skills,
- the ability to organize priorities and multi-task effectively, and
- a thirst to learn and achieve continuous improvement in a team environment.
- a can-do attitude and problem-solving mindset are essential.
- a BS in Civil Engineering, Geological Engineering, or Geology with GIT or EIT.
The candidate should have at a minimum, experience in, or the ability to readily learn, all basic components of the delivery of a fundamental geotechnical investigation including:
- organization and performance of the field investigation,
- logging of geotechnical borings and test pits including soil and rock classification,
- assignment of the appropriate laboratory testing,
- performance of the associated engineering analyses under the guidance of a professional engineer,
- preparation of the geotechnical report,
- ability to work with design teams to incorporate geotechnical aspects into site designs, and
- demonstrate experience with, or the ability to readily learn earthwork and foundation construction observation.
The candidate may have experience in other aspects of civil engineering including:
- geotechnical laboratory testing,
- site grading,
- erosion and sedimentation control, and
- stormwater management.
Experience with gINT, Lpile, SlopeW, GIS and CAD software is preferred.
A BS in Geological/Civil Engineering or Geology with EIT/GIT is required and MS in Geotechnical Engineering is preferred.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.