Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is hiring a Construction Technician, Quality Control for our Augusta, ME, Portland, ME and Manchester, NH offices.
SIGN ON BONUS UP TO $5,000 FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES
& IF HIRED, ELIGIBLE FOR EMPLOYEE REFERRAL BONUSES FOR REFERRED EMPLOYEES
Kleinfelder is looking for a construction professional with strong initiative, who will perform routine to complex inspection and testing of construction materials in the field, in order to verify conformance to construction plans and specifications. The selected candidate will be responsible for inspecting and reporting on every phase on the construction process (e.g. civil (site work), structural, building, earthwork, safety, etc.).
The candidate will also be required to provide on-site inspections, observations, and reporting of the erosion/sediment control methods used by the contractor during construction. Lastly, the candidate will also be able to ensure contract documents represented by civil drawings and specifications are properly executed by the contractor.
Responsibilities may include:
- Daily presence on the project site.
- Coordination of construction quality assurance activities and documents with client, contractor, and jurisdictional authorities.
- Documentation of contractor manpower, progress, materials, locations, and schedule through written reports, logs, photos, video, GPS coordinates, and proprietary computer software.
- Verification of contractor’s materials, installation processes, and construction activities, including environmental compliance, for adherence to contract documents.
- Tracking deviations from the contract documents, as well as verification of all corrective action.
- Inspection and testing to confirm material properties and installation.
- Participation in regular project meetings.
- Proactive communication to project team and stakeholders (as appropriate) through written reports, meetings, emails, and conversations (in-person and telephone).
- Review and maintenance of project related documents (e.g. plans, specifications, memorandums, emails, reports, submittals, requests-for-information, etc.).
- Coordination and cooperation with contractor’s quality control manager.
- Other responsibilities as determined by your supervisor in support of the project objectives.
Consideration for this position requires the following certifications or experience:
- A minimum of five years of related construction management, engineering, or quality assurance inspection experience.
- Familiarity with pipeline construction including permits, specifications, procurement, installation, environmental concerns, and safety.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Able to use a company provided laptop or tablet computer and a working knowledge of MS Office programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organization and multi-tasking ability.
- A good work ethic, attention to detail, and high level of personal integrity.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
In addition to the above required certifications and experience, hiring preference will be given to those with the following certifications or experience:
- Associates degree or higher in construction management, construction technology, related engineering field, or similar.
- Nuclear density gauge safety, handling, operation, and transporting training/certification.
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) Concrete Field Testing Technician – Grade 1 (current or expired).
- Northeast Transportation Training and Certification Program (NETTCP) Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) Inspector or Technician certification (current or expired).
Hiring for this position is contingent on securing client approval of candidate’s experience and background.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.