Kleinfelder is seeking a Civil Design Engineer to join our growing southeast engineering team. The ideal candidates will participate in and contribute to a diverse range of engineering projects and services in our team-oriented environment. Under the direction of experienced engineers, you will gain exposure to Solar, Oil & Gas, Land Development, and other engineering projects.
Under supervision and working with experienced staff, the successful candidates will complete civil engineering designs and the generation of construction plans and specifications, technical calculations, exhibits and reports in the following areas:
- Utilize Civil 3D including alignments, profiles and grading features to produce engineered construction plans and sheet set ups
- Basic understanding of Site Grading & Storm Drainage, Erosion and Sediment Control and Storm Water Best Management Practices with strong desire to learn and an interest in civil engineering design
- Variety of Civil 3D Plans, maps, and bills of materials
- Work in conjunction with civil engineers and project leaders to develop engineering designs
- Follow project schedules and allotted hours by Project manager
- Follow internal and/or client procedures and standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, strong problem-solving and good communication skills
- Ability to work as a team player, take direction, and interact well with others
- Evaluating design alternatives to solve constructability, code, and site challenges
- Preparing meeting minutes and communicating schedule updates to Project Controls
- Performing site visits to perform job scoping and coordinate with survey crews, SUE, Geotech, etc.
- Self-starter who can work independently and with team members
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited institution or acceptable equivalent
- 0-3 years of experience
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Basic knowledge and experience using AutoCAD is required. Proficiency with Civil 3D is preferred
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients" transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder"s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.