Kleinfelder is seeking a Senior Civil Design Engineer to join our growing southeast engineering team. The ideal candidates will participate in and contribute to a diverse range of engineering projects and services in our team-oriented environment. Under the direction of experienced engineers, you will gain exposure to Solar, Oil & Gas, Land Development, and other engineering projects.
Under minimal supervision and working with experienced staff, the successful candidate will complete civil engineering designs and the generation of professional plans and specifications, technical calculations, exhibits and reports in the following areas:
- Utilize Civil 3D including alignments, profiles, and grading features to produce engineered construction plans with minimal oversight
- Advanced understanding of Site Grading & Storm Drainage, Erosion and Sediment Control and Storm Water Best Management Practices
- Variety of Civil 3D Plans, maps, bills of materials, and Technical report writing
- Mentor less experienced civil engineers and designers as project leaders to develop engineering designs
- Provide guidance for project schedules and allotted hours for project tasks
- Follow internal and/or client procedures and standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to engage in multiple projects to complete successful requirement deliveries
- Position will interact with PMs and senior technical staff to complete a variety of project related tasks including leading permitting efforts and procurement documentation preparation and completion
- Evaluate potential site constraints such as wetlands, streams, property/lease boundaries, geotechnical reports, and determine impacts to the civil design and layout
- Preparing meeting minutes and communicating schedule updates to Project Controls
- Performing site visits to perform job scoping and coordinate with survey crews, SUE, Geotech, etc.
- Pro-actively troubleshoot and problem-solve with practical, client-focused solutions
- Reviewing encroacher"s design plans for potential conflicts and suggest required accommodation
- Experience dealing with regulatory agencies and review professionals in order to assist with permitting and coordination with regulatory agencies
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited institution or acceptable equivalent
- Three to Eight (3-8) years of experience in civil engineering
- Fundamentals in Engineering (EIT) registration or ability to obtain within 6 months is required
- Professional Engineering license or ability to obtain within 12 months is preferred
- Advanced knowledge and experience using AutoCAD is required. Proficiency with Civil 3D is required
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients" transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder"s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.