Kleinfelder is seeking an experienced Civil Engineering Project Manager to join our growing southeast engineering team. With expanding opportunities in the region in the energy markets, the ideal candidate will join our high achieving, fast-paced team. The project work will be multi-disciplinary in nature, but experience in Solar, liquid petroleum, and natural gas facility and/or pipeline design and construction is required. Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to lead and inspire a team are valued attributes for this position.
- Duties include the creation of proposals, scheduling, and budgeting on complex energy projects with some supervision and guidance. This position will supervise the execution of projects that could include pipeline construction, environmental permitting, solar site design, and site modeling and grading. The successful candidate will interact with Client facing relationships with private energy companies and coordinate workload with Civil Engineers and Design staff
- Manage all phases of project execution including project organization, subcontractor management, scheduling, financial management, health and safety stewardship, and reporting
- Lead and participate in technical, cost, and scheduling decisions for interdisciplinary teams ensuring company quality standards and driving customer value
- Oversee pursuits, designate the appropriate resources to projects, define client needs, address client concerns, and manage engineering resources within budget
- Ability to build relationships on technical and client service teams and within client organizations
- Communicate effectively with internal and external teams of clients and stakeholders
- Collaborate on a program of design and construction management projects striving for continuous improvement in process development and execution
- Lead permitting and coordination with regulatory agencies
- Devise new approaches to problems encountered
- Nurture and grow client relationships and contracts that include complex, multi-disciplinary Energy projects
- Manage hours and workload for projects tasks assigned to junior staff
- Build relationships with client service teams and within client organizations. Use existing relationships to establish introductions and/or strengthen relationships for Kleinfelder
- Collaborate on a program of design and construction management projects striving for continuous improvement in process development and execution for problems encountered
- B.S. in Construction Management, Mechanical, Civil, or Chemical Engineering from an accredited institution or acceptable equivalent
- 8+ years of related experience, with 4+ years of project management in the Energy market preferred
- Professional Engineering license or ability to obtain within 6 months preferred
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients" transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder"s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.