Kleinfelder is a family of engineers, scientists, architects and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder has a great growth and leadership opportunity for a Water Operations Business Leader for the Southern New England (Boston, Connecticut and Rhode Island) Market.
The selected candidate will work in our team-oriented environment, primarily providing operations and business leadership while also adding technical excellence and project management. He or she will focus on leading and stewarding the growth of Kleinfelder’s Southern New England water delivery, operations and business by: managing a growing local team of over 60 water professionals; ensuring delivery and business accountability of nearly 20 water project managers with a focus on quality, schedule, staffing, communications, risk, safety, budget, invoicing and collections and profitability; and fostering an atmosphere where Kleinfelder’s eco-system is implemented, that is valuing clients, people, and profits equally. The selected candidate will also be responsible for connecting our broad and deep bench of water resources professionals to work throughout the East Division and the entire Company. The selected candidate will be a key conduit in collaborating with our business development and market resources to help win and deliver the very best projects for our clients and our people. This is an excellent growth opportunity for an individual with an established or emerging operational resume, who is looking to help take a very reputable operation to the next level. This position can sit in our Boston, Westborough, Springfield or Rocky Hill, CT offices.
As part of the assigned duties, the Water Delivery Business Leader will also perform water resources engineering planning, design, project proposal, and management duties with integrity and a drive to succeed. The successful candidate will ensure high client service by providing quality and constructible designs, meeting deadlines, being responsive and creating clear communications with our external and internal clients.
- 15 or more years of relevant water resources technical, delivery and project management experience
- Experience in managing large and diverse groups of staff at all levels and experience. Some operations or business leadership at program, regional, or corporate levels is preferred.
- Demonstrable experience developing and managing client relationships
- Demonstratable experience collaborating and connecting resources outside of the region, outside of the discipline/practice, and outside of the market (i.e. connecting great people to great work)
- Proven experience in leading coaching, mentoring and career development
- Proven experience in capturing business development opportunities, positioning and preparing proposals
- Licensed PE in the state of MA. Additional licensing is one or more of CT, RI, NH and ME is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering. MS Water Resources or Civil Engineering strongly desired.
- Be a recognized leader in their field with consulting experience
- Have experience being externally focused to grow client relationships and develop business
- Be able to collaborate with Area leadership and Project Managers to resource delivery effectively
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work independently and in multidisciplinary teams
- Have experience guiding technical staff and project managers in the delivery of a variety of projects centered around the water resources practice.
- Have experience supporting project managers in staff management and resourcing, budget management, schedule management, quality management, client updates and communication, and other general project management tasks
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.