Position: Financial Reporting Manager
Company: Mission Veterinary Partners
Location: Novi MI /Southfield MI
Mission Veterinary Partners (“MVP” or the “Company”) is seeking a Financial Reporting Manager to join its team. The Company currently operates over sixty veterinary hospitals in the United States and is a portfolio company of Chicago-based private equity firm Shore Capital Partners. MVP is pursuing a strategy to grow via a combination of add-on acquisitions and organic growth initiatives that will expand the size of its network throughout the United States.
Reporting directly to the Controller, the Financial Reporting Manager will be an integral part of the accounting team at the Company and will be responsible for the managing the integrity of the accounting data and systems in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Candidates for this position will be self-motivated with a high degree of initiative and professionalism. With one direct report, the Financial Reporting Manager will work closely with the business intelligence team in the process of onboarding acquisitions, allowing MVP to capitalize on the growth of the business throughout the United States.
Key Responsibilities and Goals:
- Strong command of systems knowledge and data validation in accordance with GAAP reporting.
- Maintain the reporting structure within our platform – Centage Planning Maestro
- Support regional and hospital leadership in understanding financial data
- Develop and maintain a data validation process for onboarding hospitals
- Issuance of internal financial reports
- Serve as a key contributor to the annual audit
- Regularly interacts with other key members of the accounting team
- Provide leadership toward additional value-added activities and support operational and departmental excellence
- Constantly evaluate current systems and procedures and recommend changes to improve internal controls and efficiency
- Maintain honest and ethical conduct at all times
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with four or more years of experience in an accounting leadership role to join an entrepreneurial environment and assist in maintaining the accounting function of a high-growth company.
Qualifications of the successful candidate will include:
- Minimum of 4+ years of work experience in an accounting leadership role
- Strong command of GAAP reporting and the ability to maintain clean records
- Experience in Financial reporting
- Strong organizational skills; must be able to manage and prioritize multiple business objectives and projects with the proper sense of urgency and limited supervision
- Must be highly flexible in handling a wide range of duties and projects simultaneously as needs arise and effectively prioritize issues and timelines
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, with an outgoing personality
- Experience in effectively communicating with and coaching team members
- Highly motivated “self-starter” with the ability to work under strict project timelines
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong desire to learn and serve as a valuable team member
- Ability to work in autonomous, fast moving environment
- BA/BS Accounting degree from a four-year college or university
- Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience and will include a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and 401K benefits.
Mission Veterinary Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants requesting accommodation due to a disability will not be penalized as a result of making such request. Diversity is a part of our culture. We’d love for you to be a part of it too!
Please apply with cover letter and resume.