Staff Accountant, Data Validation
Novi, MI Posted: 7/30/2020
Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) has an immediate opportunity for a Staff Accountant, Data Validation to join our growing staff team!
We operate over 60 veterinary hospitals in the Midwestern United States and are a portfolio company of Shore Capital Partners. We're pursuing a strategy to grow via a combination of add-on acquisitions and organic growth initiatives over time and will expand the size of our network throughout the United States and Canada.
Reporting directly to the Assistant Controller, you will be an integral part of the accounting function - responsible for multiple facets of the general ledger and related reconciliation and reporting activities. If you have experience in a service-based business, this is extraordinary opportunity to join an entrepreneurial environment and contribute to the accounting function for a high-growth company!
- Validates the quality and accuracy of essential accounting data in the Company’s data warehouse to enable further automation in accounting processes.
- Runs reports and / or extracts data from the Company’s varying point-of-sale systems.
- Compares data reported from the Company’s data warehouse via Power BI to data generated from point-of-sale system.
- Collaborates with the business intelligence team to investigate any differences between data sources.
- Prepares monthly revenue schedule using a combination of several data sources.
- Records transactions to the general ledger as needed and completes other routine monthly closing activities.
- Creates SOP documents around data validation for annual audit.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Other general accounting duties as assigned.
- Accounting information systems experience & a passion for data!
- Knowledge of GAAP and researching skills
- Ability to analyze and audit point-of-sale systems
- 3+ years in a staff accountant role or related accounting experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office (primarily Excel)
Already have an account? Log in here