Novi, MI Posted: 7/30/2020
Mission Veterinary Partners has an immediate opportunity for a Staff Accountant to join our staff team!
We operate over 60 veterinary hospitals in the Midwestern United States and is a portfolio company of Shore Capital Partners. We are pursuing a strategy to grow via a combination of add-on acquisitions and organic growth initiatives over time and will expand the size of our network throughout the United States and Canada.
Reporting directly to the Controller, you will be an integral part of the accounting function - responsible for multiple facets of the general ledger and related reconciliation and reporting activities.
If you have experience in a service-based business, this is an extraordinary opportunity to join an entrepreneurial environment and contribute to the accounting function for a high-growth company!
- Prepare and record transactions by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts and subsidiary ledgers by verifying transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Review and post monthly, quarterly or yearly accruals.
- Participate in the processes that include the external audit, 1099 processing, property tax returns, sales tax returns and annual renewals.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Other related accounting duties as assigned.
- 3+ years in a staff accountant role or related accounting experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to analyze and audit general ledger information
- Knowledge of GAAP and researching skills
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office (primarily Excel)
Already have an account? Log in here