Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) has an immediate opportunity for an IT Service Desk Technician on our growing Information Technology team!
Because we do things a little differently here. We’re on a mission to be the employer of choice in veterinary medicine…but our actions speak louder than those words. We invest in our talented teams and create the positive workplace environments you weren’t sure existed anymore. Our connection to our core values last longer than a quick glance through the employee handbook. We live them every day! MVP is a place where careers thrive for those who believe the right team can achieve anything.
MVP operates 60+ veterinary hospitals in the Midwestern United States and is a portfolio company of Shore Capital Partners. MVP is pursuing a strategy to grow via a combination of add-on acquisitions and organic growth initiatives that will expand the size of its network throughout the Midwest.
How you'll make an impact...
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance and provide the appropriate support to resolve or escalate the issue as required.
- Create, update, escalate and resolve IT Service Desk Support Tickets.
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, install, and perform testing activities on various computer equipment, peripherals, data communication, and computer network systems.
- Assemble, install, configure and test computer equipment.
- Create, update and contribute to technical and self-help documents that are maintained in the IT Knowledgebase.
- Assist with training of internal customers on MVP approved technologies.
- Perform preventive maintenance for computer, data communication, and/or peripheral equipment; test and adjust to appropriate standards.
- Prepare and submit vendor warranty claims, parts, and documentation associated with warranty repairs.
- Work with and escalate to MVP IT Team Members.
- Provide on-site support when needed.
- Participate in a rotational On-Call support schedule.
- Display flexibility and willingness in performing all other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring to MVP...
- Associates Degree and/or 1+ year related experience.
- Knowledge of desktop computer hardware and peripherals.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair popular desktop computer software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Operating Systems, specifically Win7, Win10.
- Introductory knowledge of networking and connectivity.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Creativity and self-starter mentality.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Passion for excellence.
- Collaborative spirit that values, participates and embraces a team environment and culture.
What's in it for you?
MVP offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and dollar for dollar match on 401K... not to mention a team of smart and friendly coworkers!
Mission Veterinary Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants requesting accommodation due to a disability will not be penalized as a result of making such request. Diversity is a part of our culture. We’d love for you to be a part of it too!