Position: Veterinarian “Doctor” Recruiter
Company: Midwest Veterinary Partners, LLC
Location: Novi, MI
Midwest Veterinary Partners, LLC (“MVP” or the “Company”) is seeking a Veterinarian Recruiter (“Doctor Recruiter”) to join its team. The Company currently operates thirty-nine veterinary hospitals in the Midwestern United States and is a portfolio company of Chicago-based private equity firm Shore Capital Partners. MVP is pursuing a strategy to grow via a combination of add-on acquisitions and organic growth initiatives that will expand the size of its network throughout the Midwest.
MVP is committed to providing exceptional care to every pet we have the pleasure of knowing and investing in every employee we have the pleasure of working with. By providing excellent compensation, mentorship opportunities, benefits, paid time off, and other perks to our Teammates, we are focused on improving the quality of medicine we practice by hiring and rewarding the MVP's of veterinary care whose sole mission is to positively impact the lives of every patient and client we work with.
The Doctor Recruiter will partner closely with the company’s Director of Talent to understand business objectives, assess important hiring needs, and manage the full-cycle recruitment process for assigned regions. This position is fast-paced, results oriented, and focuses efforts on identifying the most effective and efficient recruitment strategies to attract the very best talent to our growing organization with the emphasis being primarily on veterinarian openings.
Are you an ambitious recruiting leader looking for a meaningful role in the doctor recruiting space? We are an entrepreneurial team that takes pride in our highly talented, collaborative, and supportive members where innovation and creativity is encouraged. If this sounds like you, we’d like to meet you!
Key Responsibilities and Objectives:
- Work closely with the Director of Talent and Senior MVP Leadership to identify and prioritize recruitment needs while ensuring understanding of each role and to customize appropriate job descriptions.
- Own the full recruitment cycle, which includes; advertising, proactively and aggressively sourcing, prescreening veterinarian candidates, partnering with the full MVP interviewing team, and driving the offer process while maintaining data integrity via the applicant tracking system (SmartSearch).
- Serve as a proud brand advocate for Midwest Veterinary Partners, representing the organization at various national recruiting events, including school career fairs, networking events, and industry conferences (up to 25% travel).
- Assess veterinarian candidate hard and soft skills through a combination or behavioral interview and competency-based evaluations.
- Solicit feedback from hiring managers concerning “satisfaction level” and adjust performance/hiring strategy according to the feedback to ensure satisfaction and quality.
- Develop a robust veterinarian candidate pipeline through new and existing relationships with targeted veterinary schools, programs, associations, referrals, etc.
- Lead the DVM contract negotiation process for assigned regions while remaining knowledgeable about employment agreement terms, compensation, benefits packages, and company competition.
- Ensure positive candidate experience throughout the hiring process.
Required Skills, Education & Experience
Qualifications of the successful candidate will include:
- BA/BS degree from a four-year college or university (in related area preferred)
- 2+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience (preferably as a corporate recruiter)
- Experience recruiting in veterinary, human medical, dental industry, or other physician focused multisite industry is a plus
- Experience in contract negotiations and process
- Creative with solutions-oriented focus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service, professional and friendly demeanor
- Possessing initiative and being able to manage multiple priorities well
- High attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- We offer a competitive base salary dependent on experience and past accomplishments along with an annual bonus incentive structure. There is opportunity for career growth.
- Strong benefits package: Health Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision), Voluntary Life and Short-Term Disability, 401K (with up to 4% match), Paid Time Off and Pet Discount!
Interested and qualified candidates may apply for consideration!
Midwest Veterinary Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants requesting accommodation due to a disability will not be penalized as a result of making such request. Diversity is a part of our culture. We’d love for you to be a part of it too!