Sr. Staff Accountant - Novi, MI
Novi, MI Posted: 3/19/2019
Position: Senior Staff Accountant
Company: Midwest Veterinary Partners, LLC
Location: Novi, MI
Midwest Veterinary Partners, LLC (the “Company”) is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to join its corporate team. The Company operates thirty-nine veterinary hospitals in the Midwestern United States and is a portfolio company of Shore Capital Partners. The Company is pursuing a strategy to grow via a combination of add-on acquisitions and organic growth initiatives over time, and will expand the size of its network throughout the Midwest.
Reporting directly to the Controller, the Senior Staff Accountant will be an integral part of the accounting function at the Company and will be responsible for multiple facets of the general ledger and related reconciliation and reporting activities. The Senior Staff Accountant will also work closely with the accounts payable team to ensure accuracy and timeliness in processing of accounts payable and the reconciliation of all subledgers.
- Analyze and reconcile internal general ledger accounts and subsidiary ledgers by verifying transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Assist in the development of accounts payable processes and internal controls.
- Assist accounts payable by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue and expense transactions by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Review and post monthly, quarterly or yearly accruals.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Other related accounting duties as assigned.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with experience in accounting of a service-based business to join an entrepreneurial environment and contribute to the accounting function for a high-growth company. Qualifications of the successful candidate will include:
- Knowledge of GAAP and researching skills
- Ability to analyze and audit general ledger information
- Proficient in data entry and management
- 2+ years in a senior staff accountant role or related accounting experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to be a proactive member of a small team
- Experience with Microsoft Office (primarily Excel)
Apply for consideration!
Already have an account? Log in here