BEAUTIFUL FACILITY | GREAT WORKING SCHEDULE | AMAZING TEAM
Our team at Advanced Animal Hospital - MI is seeking a full-time (4 days/wk + 2 sats/month) Associate Veterinarian to join our family!
Our small animal hospital has been offering exceptional veterinary services and care for the Sterling Heights, Troy, Rochester Hills, Charter Twp if Clinton, Warren, and Clawson communities for many years and we are located at:
(43065 Mound Rd. Sterling Heights, MI 48314)
Our animal hospital sports 4 exam rooms, a dental and digital X-ray, and an ultrasound. We are in search of an experienced DVM or new graduate associate DVM who will focus on continuing our quality medicine approach! We have a great team in place and now all we need is you!
While under the supervision of the hospital manager for all non-medical work topics and the operations manager and the managing owners, the veterinarian must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties that include but are not limited to:
- Provide feedback and changes to the training program
- Mentor employees in the training program
- Provide guidance to the support staff to assure that the shift flows well
- Mentor employees for career advancement and personal development towards goals
- Provide input to the hospital manager for 360 degree employee performance evaluations.
Veterinarian Duties and Responsibilities:
- Passion for animals an active interest in their health and wellbeing.
- Diagnose, perform surgery and treat array of patients.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Call clients for follow up and to discuss results.
- Set standards of care/protocols for medical and surgical areas.
- Leadership skills - Ability to lead and establish a vision for the practice team.
- Proven ability to perform all basic surgeries, including use of all standard medical instruments and equipment.
- Perform medical duties.
- Maintain practice growth and review financial reports.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize, and thrive in an oftentimes fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Work collaboratively with practice manager for administrative management.
- High emotional intelligence - Deal with clients in a manner that shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism.
- To perform this job successfully it will be necessary to become proficient in the use of the practice management software (AVImark).
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university prior to position start date.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state.
Apply today for consideration!