Associate Veterinarian (M-F) - general practice, reproduction, chiropractic / holistic medicine
Freeland, MI Posted: 3/27/2019
WE ARE TAKING VETERINARY MEDICINE TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Our team at Countryside Animal Health Center is seeking a full-time (Monday - Friday) Associate Veterinarian to join our family at our clinic located at:
(3334 East Freeland Rd. Freeland, MI 48623)
Our small animal hospital provides all the great services you know and expect AND we provide advanced services you wont find at most veterinary hospitals.
Our tenured team and experienced DVMs can offer a new graduate a hands on, customized mentorship plan of action in our modern facility and help take their skillsets beyond the textbooks in our spacious 7 exam room clinic!
An ideal candidate would have additional interest in reproduction and chiropractic / holistic medicine as well!
Benefits of Joining our Countryside Animal Health Center Team:
- Work Life Balance: Not open on weekends or holidays (good quality of life and balance)
- No emergency call: We have an emergency clinic only about 20 miles away.
- Gold Standard Care: Practice high quality medicine with clientele that considers their pets part of their family and are very willing to do diagnostics and surgery.
- Comprehensive Care: Practice traditional medicine as well provide holistic options with veterinary chiropractic, fascia relaxation therapy, etc – we have a strong client base that appreciates both options.
- Continued Education: If you have an area of interest in vet med, we will help support your interest with continuing education classes and certification.
- Mentorship: Have rounds multiple times a week and a good support system with mentorship for newer graduates
While under the supervision of the hospital manager for all non-medical work topics and the operations manager and the managing owners, the veterinarian must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties that include but are not limited to:
- Provide feedback and changes to the training program
- Mentor employees in the training program
- Provide guidance to the support staff to assure that the shift flows well
- Mentor employees for career advancement and personal development towards goals
- Provide input to the hospital manager for 360 degree employee performance evaluations.
Veterinarian Duties and Responsibilities:
- Passion for animals and an active interest in their health and wellbeing.
- Diagnose, perform surgery and treat array of patients.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Call clients for follow up and to discuss results.
- Set standards of care/protocols for medical and surgical areas.
- Leadership skills - Ability to lead and establish a vision for the practice team.
- Proven ability to perform all basic surgeries, including use of all standard medical instruments and equipment.
- Perform medical duties.
- Maintain practice growth and review financial reports.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize, and thrive in an oftentimes fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Work collaboratively with practice manager for administrative management.
- High emotional intelligence - Deal with clients in a manner that shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism.
- To perform this job successfully it will be necessary to become proficient in the use of the practice management software (AVImark).
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university prior to position start date.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state.
If this sounds like a great career option for you, APPLY Today for Immediate Consideration!
Competitive Base Salary + Production Bonus
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
401(K) with Employer Match
Paid Time Off
Paid Continuing Education + dedicated PTO to attend
Already have an account? Log in here