Countryside Animal Health Center Freeland, MI
UNIQUE SERVICES / FAST PACED
We are a unique and busy hospital offering general services as well as some unique services to our clients!
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a clinic that gets you exposure to some unique services we offer to our clients?
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment?
Do you have compassion for pets and providing quality service?
Take a look at some of the services we provide!
~Veterinary Spinal Manipulative Therapy
~Fascia Relaxation Therapy
~Performance Dog Medicine
~Fully Surgical Facility
~Multi Doctor practice
~Monday- Friday Hours
A veterinary technician must be able to provide assistance and support to the medical support staff in the operation of a small animal facility in accordance with hospital policy and procedures and provide medical care to patients as allowed in the veterinary practice act.
While under the supervision of the veterinary technicians, technical supervisor, hospital manager, the operations manager and the managing owners, a veterinary assistant must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties that include but are not limited to:
- Provide feedback and changes to the training program
- Provide input to the hospital manager for 360-degree employee performance evaluations.
- Provide patient care under the direction of a DVM.
- Maintain excellent client communication.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Reception Skills: Provide client care for scheduling appointments, taking payments and check-ins.
- Answer the phones in a courteous and informative way.
- Assist in all daily duties for clinic care.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties.
- Perform clinic upkeep as directed.
- Perform equipment maintenance as directed.
- Identify areas or items needing additional attention.
- To perform this job successfully it will be necessary to become proficient in the use of the practice management software (AVImark).