Job Title: (Sr.) / Human Resources Generalist
Reports to: HR Manager
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Senior Human Resources Generalist supports the HR Manager by aligning business objectives with employees and management, and serves as a consultant on human resources related issues to non-executive leadership. The Sr. HR Generalist is responsible for coordinating HR policies and programs with an emphasis on the benefits, compensation, performance management/development and employee relations areas, to ensure that the organization is in full compliance with its mission, core values, and applicable laws and regulations. Travel required: Intermittent; less than 25%
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Plan, direct and supervise all activities relating to administration and maintenance of employee benefits/rewards programs in partnership with departmental leadership;
- Coordinate employee meetings and webinars to provide information and updates on Company processes, policies, benefits, and open enrollment events;
- Complete employee HR onboarding tasks such as benefits enrollment, assignment of initial checklists, and review of employee documents;
- Engage with employees to investigate and resolve individual or job-related issues;
- Monitor and maintain the integrity of the Company’s Human Resource Information System (HRIS), ensuring processes are efficient and appropriate for the business;
- Generate routine and special reports as needed or requested using HRIS systems;
- Conduct routine audits and evaluations of employee files and records to ensure compliance with internal policies and federal, state, and local regulations;
- Drive compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions;
- Monitor and influence employee participation and compliance with HR processes;
- Conduct annual studies of employee compensation relative to the market and report findings to senior management; and
- Develop, implement and control programs in a manner that ensures cost effectiveness, market competitiveness and internal equity among employees.
HR Consultation & Management
- Build ongoing relationships with field managers and senior leaders;
- Conduct training sessions to educate company managers on Company processes, policies, regulatory requirements and benefits;
- Provide hands-on support to employees and managers to better understand and utilize HR tools, processes and policies; maximizing organizational effectiveness, improve performance and ensuring compliance;
- Implement HR solutions, programs and services to maximize the achievement of short- and long-range business objectives;
- Counsel and advise managers and employees on employee relations matters & achieving business objectives through appropriate interventions. (e.g.; business diagnostics, productivity analysis; etc.)
- Support field management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications;
- Guide management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values;
- Routinely review and provide recommendations for the development and improvement of the organization’s policies, practices, and solutions on personnel matters;
- Provide guidance and interpretation of escalated human resources matters and complex employee-relations issues;
- Provide effective tools to field managers for the completion of employee onboarding, offboarding, and maintenance; including but not limited to new hire checklists, performance review documents, personnel action forms and termination checklists; and
- Assist the acquisition and integration team by evaluating compensation and benefit structures of target acquisitions, identifying differences to Company programs, and developing solutions for integrating the acquired employees.
Strategy Development & Execution
- Support organizational effectiveness through proper alignment of people, processes, structure, and culture with business strategies;
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems;
- Ensure the people-perspective is represented in business decisions so implications are understood and the workforce is proactively managed;
- Assess the impact of business decisions on the workforce and provide solutions to optimize opportunities and mitigate any downsides;
(Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required)
- Bachelor’s degree required; post-graduate education is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive human-resources experience.
- SPHR/PHR or similar certification preferred but not required.
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint required
- Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of position.
- Physical requirements can vary. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
- Ability to lift minimum of 2 pounds to a maximum of 20 pounds unassisted; able to sit stand, stoop, walk, stretch, reach frequently; moderate range of body motions.
- Ability to hear and interact by phone and in person clearly and efficiently and to make presentations. Ability to use computer and all peripherals efficiently
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to Midwest Veterinary Partners core values with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, clients, teammates, management, and/or vendors in everyday performance and interactions;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and teammates to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment;
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with an acute ability to listen attentively and to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization;
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills and ability to be “other-oriented”; ability to appreciate people with different backgrounds and points of view;
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial openness and ability to explore new possibilities and to approach issues differently; a visionary; intellectually agile;
- Demonstrated leadership skills; able to identify meaningful goals and capture the imagination of others to achieve them; able to add value to discussions or projects that impact Midwest Veterinary Partners’ position in the industry; able to bring out the best thinking and attitudes; able to recognize unique contributions of individuals and teamwork;
- Demonstrated business acumen; able to assess financial implications of decisions and actions; able to understand how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace and impact Midwest Veterinary Partners;
- Demonstrated expertise in managing and influencing people, processes and customer relationships;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively produce a high quality of work and to initiate the completion of extensive multiple tasks not specifically directed in a fast-paced, ever-changing and evolving work environment; and
- Demonstrated empathy and respect for teammates, patients and clients
Qualified / Interested Candidates Apply Today!