Advanced Animal Hospital of Wisconsin
We are excited to announce that we are adding to our family! Advanced Animal Hospital is an amazing place to work with charming setting and great office staff. We are a 3-exam room, 3 DVM practice with broad spectrum of diagnostic procedures through in-house testing and the use of external x-ray capabilities, ultrasound, a closely supervised hospitalization area, and indoor boarding kennels and outdoor walking area. We look forward to exploring this opportunity with us! Apply today for immediate consideration!
Summary: A veterinary technician must be able to provide leadership and training to the medical support staff in the operation of a small animal facility in accordance with hospital policy and procedures and provide medical care to patients as allowed in the veterinary practice act.
While under the supervision of the technical supervisor, hospital manager, the hospital director, and the managing owners, a veterinary technician must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties that include but are not limited to:
- Take part in jobs shadows or working interviews as necessary
- Take part in training as necessary
- Provide guidance to the support staff to assure that the shift flows well
- Mentor employees for career advancement and personal development towards goals
- Provide input to the hospital manager for 360-degree employee performance evaluations.
- Provide patient care under the supervision and direction of a DVM.
- Maintain excellent client communication.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Provide client care for scheduling appointments, taking payments and checking in clients.
- Answer the phones in a courteous and informative way.
Cleaning and Maintenance:
- Assist in all daily duties for clinic care.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties.
- Perform clinic upkeep as directed.
- Perform equipment maintenance as directed.
- Delegate additional cleaning duties as necessary during slow times in the absence of a supervisor.
- Identify areas or items needing additional attention.
- To perform this job successfully it will be necessary to become proficient in the use of the practice management software (AVImark).
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent communication, attention to detail and organizational abilities.