Help Desk Technician - Novi, MI
Novi, MI Posted: 6/7/2019
Position: Help Desk Technician
Company: Mission Veterinary Partners
Location: Novi, MI
Mission Veterinary Partners (“MVP” or the “Company”) is seeking a Help Desk Technician to join its team. The Company currently operates forty veterinary hospitals in the Midwestern United States and is a portfolio company of Chicago-based private equity firm Shore Capital Partners. MVP is pursuing a strategy to grow via a combination of add-on acquisitions and organic growth initiatives that will expand the size of its network throughout the Midwest.
Reporting to the VP of Information Technology, the Help Desk Technician is responsible for supporting the first level technology needs of our end users and practices.
Key Responsibilities and Goals:
The following is not intended to be an exhaustive list of job functions, and this listing does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the Help Desk Technician. The Help Desk Technician is required to follow other instructions and perform other duties as assigned by IT management.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance and provide the appropriate support to resolve or escalate the issue as required.
- Create, update, escalate and resolve Help Desk Support Tickets
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, install, and perform testing activities on various computer equipment, peripherals, data communication, and computer network systems.
- Assemble, install, configure and test computer equipment
- Create, update and contribute to technical and self-help documents that are maintained in the IT Knowledgebase
- Assist with training of internal customers on MVP approved technologies.
- Perform preventive maintenance for computer, data communication, and/or peripheral equipment; test and adjust to appropriate standards.
- Prepare and submit vendor warranty claims, parts, and documentation associated with warranty repairs.
- Work with and escalate to MVP IT Team Members
- Provide on-site support when needed
- Participate in a rotational On-Call support schedule.
- Displays flexibility and willingness in performing all other duties as assigned.
- Self-starter, creative and a problem solver
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Passion for excellence
- Value, participate and embrace a team environment and culture
Qualifications of the successful candidate will include:
- Associates Degree and or 1+ year(s) related experience preferred.
- Knowledge of desktop computer hardware and peripherals
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair popular desktop computer software
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
- Proficient with Microsoft Operating Systems, specifically Win7, Win10
- Introductory knowledge of networking and connectivity
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills with proven ability to communicate complex technical information in a way that is easily understood by others
- Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience and will include an attractive hourly rate, and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and 401K benefits.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply with resume!
Already have an account? Log in here