St. Francis Animal Hospital announces a Veterinarian opportunity in St. Francis, WI. Our productive Animal Hospital is relocating to a state of the art facility and needs to add to our team! We are offering a $10-15K Sign-On Bonus for a DVM that can start soon!
About our Facility:
St. Francis Animal Hospital is a well-established, full-service, small animal, veterinary hospital providing comprehensive medical, preventative, surgical, and dental care to the St. Francis, Cudahy, and West Milwaukee areas. We provide a broad spectrum of diagnostic procedures through in-house testing and the use of external laboratories. We also work closely with local board specialists when special diagnostic procedures are required. Our facility includes laser therapy, in-house surgery suite, in-house digital x-ray capabilities, ultrasound, a closely supervised hospitalization area, and indoor boarding kennels with outdoor walking areas.
While under the supervision of the hospital manager for all non-medical work topics and the operations manager and the managing owners, the veterinarian must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties that include but are not limited to:
As a Veterinary Professional you already know what the day to day requirements of being an outstanding Small Animal Care DVM. Here are a few key responsibilities:
- Passion for animals an active interest in their health and wellbeing.
- Diagnose, perform surgery and treat array of patients.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Call clients for follow up and to discuss results.
- Set standards of care/protocols for medical and surgical areas.
- Leadership skills - Ability to lead and establish a vision for the practice team.
- Proven ability to perform all basic surgeries, including use of all standard medical instruments and equipment.
- Perform medical duties.
- Maintain practice growth and review financial reports.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize, and thrive in an oftentimes fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Work collaboratively with practice manager for administrative management.
- High emotional intelligence - Deal with clients in a manner that shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism.
- To perform this job successfully it will be necessary to become proficient in the use of the practice management software (AVImark).
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university prior to position start date.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state.