Mission Veterinary Partners is a network of passionate veterinary professionals who have one common philosophy: Passion for Pets, Compassion for People. MVP is committed to providing exceptional care to every pet we have the pleasure of knowing, and investing in every employee we have the pleasure of working with. By providing excellent compensation, mentorship opportunities, benefits, paid time off, and other perks to our Teammates, we are focused on improving the quality of medicine we practice by hiring and rewarding the MVP'S of veterinary care whose sole mission is to positively impact the lives of every patient and client we work with.
Mission Veterinary Partners announces a Veterinarian opportunity in Greenfield, WI at our small animal hospital located:
Advanced Animal Hospital
3374 W. Loomis Rd. Greenfield, WI 53221
Come join an experienced multi doctor team and staff and provide the gold standard of care to our pets!
While under the supervision of the Hospital Manager for all non-medical work topics and the Regional Medical Director, the veterinarian must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties that include but are not limited to:
- Provide feedback and changes to the training program
- Mentor employees in the training program
- Provide guidance to the support staff to assure that the shift flows well
- Mentor employees for career advancement and personal development towards goals
- Provide input to the hospital manager for 360 degree employee performance evaluations.
Veterinarian Duties and Responsibilities:
- Passion for animals with an active interest in their health and wellbeing.
- Diagnose, perform surgery, and treat array of patients.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from, but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, diagnostics, dental, and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client, and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms, and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates, or discharge instructions with clients.
- Call clients for follow up and to discuss results.
- Set standards of care/protocols for medical and surgical areas.
- Leadership skills - Ability to lead and establish a vision for the practice team.
- Proven ability to perform all basic surgeries, including use of all standard medical instruments and equipment.
- Perform medical duties.
- Maintain practice growth and review financial reports.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize, and thrive in an oftentimes fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Work collaboratively with Practice Manager for administrative management.
- High emotional intelligence - Deal with clients in a manner that shows sensitivity, good bedside manner, tact, and professionalism.
- To perform this job successfully it will be necessary to become proficient in the use of the practice management software (AVImark).
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university prior to position start date.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state.
Mission Veterinary Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants requesting accommodation due to a disability will not be penalized as a result of making such request. Diversity is a part of our culture. We’d love for you to be a part of it too!