Associate Veterinarian (Signing Bonus) - Wauwatosa, WI
Wauwatosa, WI Posted: 6/11/2019
We are an established 40+ year clinic that takes pride in offering an excellent working environment for experienced DVMs as well as mentoring opportunities to new graduate DVMs! We are seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our family in Wauwatosa, WI at our hospital located at:
Center for Animal Health
827 N 68th St. Wauwatosa, WI 53213
While under the supervision of the Hospital Manager for all non-medical work topics and the Regional Medical Operations Director, the veterinarian must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties that include but are not limited to:
- Provide feedback and changes to the training program
- Mentor employees in the training program
- Provide guidance to the support staff to assure that the shift flows well
- Mentor employees for career advancement and personal development towards goals
- Provide input to the hospital manager for 360 degree employee performance evaluations.
Veterinarian Duties and Responsibilities:
- Passion for animals with an active interest in their health and wellbeing.
- Diagnose, perform surgery, and treat array of patients.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from, but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, diagnostics, dental, and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client, and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms, and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates, or discharge instructions with clients.
- Call clients for follow up and to discuss results.
- Set standards of care/protocols for medical and surgical areas.
- Leadership skills - Ability to lead and establish a vision for the practice team.
- Proven ability to perform all basic surgeries, including use of all standard medical instruments and equipment.
- Perform medical duties.
- Maintain practice growth and review financial reports.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize, and thrive in an oftentimes fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Work collaboratively with Practice Manager for administrative management.
- High emotional intelligence - Deal with clients in a manner that shows sensitivity, good bedside manner, tact, and professionalism.
Already have an account? Log in here