Associate Veterinarian (Companion/Exotics) - New Berlin, WI
New Berlin, WI Posted: 6/11/2019
Mission Veterinary Partners is a network of passionate veterinary professionals who have one common philosophy: Passion for Pets, Compassion for People. MVP is committed to providing exceptional care to every pet we have the pleasure of knowing, and investing in every employee we have the pleasure of working with. By providing excellent compensation, mentorship opportunities, benefits, paid time off, and other perks to our Teammates, we are focused on improving the quality of medicine we practice by hiring and rewarding the MVP'S of veterinary care whose sole mission is to positively impact the lives of every patient and client we work with.
Companion Animal Hospital
13100 W. National Ave. New Berlin, WI 53151
Our long standing animal hospital has 3 exam rooms, digital x-ray, digital dental, and radiography. We are a Companion and Exotics clinic!
While under the supervision of the Hospital Manager for all non-medical work topics and the Regional Medical Director, the veterinarian must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties that include but are not limited to:
- Provide feedback and changes to the training program
- Mentor employees in the training program
- Provide guidance to the support staff to assure that the shift flows well
- Mentor employees for career advancement and personal development towards goals
- Provide input to the hospital manager for 360 degree employee performance evaluations.
Veterinarian Duties and Responsibilities:
- Passion for animals with an active interest in their health and well being.
- Diagnose, perform surgery, and treat array of patients.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from, but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, diagnostics, dental, and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client, and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms, and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates, or discharge instructions with clients.
- Call clients for follow up and to discuss results.
- Set standards of care/protocols for medical and surgical areas.
- Leadership skills - Ability to lead and establish a vision for the practice team.
- Proven ability to perform all basic surgeries, including use of all standard medical instruments and equipment.
- Perform medical duties.
- Maintain practice growth and review financial reports.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize, and thrive in an oftentimes fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Work collaboratively with Practice Manager for administrative management.
- High emotional intelligence - Deal with clients in a manner that shows sensitivity, good bedside manner, tact, and professionalism.
Already have an account? Log in here