Veterinary Assistant (Small Hospital / Beautiful Setting)
Wauwatosa, WI Posted: 6/12/2019
Center For Animal Health
Veterinary Assitant / Receptionist (Full Time!)
Every Other Saturday Required
We are a 2 doctor and 2 exam room practice, located in a beautiful setting in Wauwatosa. We have a great staff, great work culture and long standing clientele. We offer a variety of services which include:
Spay & Neuter
A veterinary assistant must be able to provide assistance and support to the medical support staff in the operation of a small animal facility in accordance with hospital policy and procedures and provide medical care to patients as allowed in the veterinary practice act.
- Provide feedback and changes to the training program
- Provide input to the hospital manager for 360-degree employee performance evaluations.
- Experience with AVImark practice management software is a plus
- Provide patient care under the direction of a DVM.
- Maintain excellent client communication.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Reception Skills: Provide client care for scheduling appointments, taking payments and check-ins.
- Answer the phones in a courteous and informative way.
- Assist in all daily duties for clinic care.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties.
- Perform clinic upkeep as directed.
- Perform equipment maintenance as directed.
- Identify areas or items needing additional attention.
Build your future! We partner with great people to help them build a better future
Already have an account? Log in here