Senior Desktop Support Technician - Southfield, MI
Novi, MI Posted: 8/6/2019
Position: Sr. Desktop Support Technician
Company: Mission Veterinary Partners, LLC
Location: Novi, MI (relocating to Southfield)
Mission Veterinary Partners, LLC (“MVP” or the “Company”) is seeking a Sr. Desktop Support Technician to join its team. The Company currently operates over forty veterinary hospitals in the Midwestern United States and is a portfolio company of Chicago-based private equity firm Shore Capital Partners. MVP is pursuing a strategy to grow via a combination of add-on acquisitions and organic growth initiatives that will expand the size of its network throughout the Midwest.
Reporting to the VP of Information Technology, the Sr. Desktop Support Technician is responsible for supporting the first and second level technology needs of our end users and practices.
Key Responsibilities and Goals:
The following is not intended to be an exhaustive list of job functions, and this listing does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the Sr. Desktop Support Technician. The Sr. Desktop Support Technician is required to follow other instructions and perform other duties as assigned by IT management.
- Serve as the first point of contact and or the second level contact for customers seeking technical assistance and provide the appropriate support to resolve or escalate the issue as required.
- Create, update, escalate and resolve Help Desk Support Tickets
- New acquisition IT site surveys, technology review and equipment replacements / upgrades
- Assemble, install, configure and test computer equipment
- Assist with training of internal customers on MVP approved technologies.
- Perform preventive maintenance for computer, data communication, and/or peripheral equipment; test and adjust to appropriate standards.
- Prepare and submit vendor warranty claims, parts, and documentation associated with warranty repairs.
- This position will require some local, national (currently Midwest) travel / on-site support
- Create, update and contribute to technical and self-help documents that are maintained in the IT Knowledgebase
- Work with and escalate to MVP IT Team Members
Qualifications of the successful candidate will include:
- Associates Degree and or 3+ years of related experience
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair popular desktop computer software
- Cloud Experience – Microsoft Azure, O365 (Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, Skype)
- Proficient with Microsoft Operating Systems, specifically Win7, Win10, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012 R2, Server 2016
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical information in a way that is easily understood by others
- Self-starter, creative and a problem solver
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Passion for excellence
- Value, participate and embrace a team environment and culture
- Displays flexibility and willingness in performing all other duties as assigned.
- Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience and will include an attractive base salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and 401K benefits.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume and apply today!
Already have an account? Log in here