Associate Veterinarian (with Mentorship program) available at Mayfair Animal Hospital!
At Mayfair Animal Hospital you will have the opportunity to work with a diverse case load and practice advanced care and techniques that are used in every day, urgent, and emergency situations. A well-qualified candidate will gain exposure to Primary care, wellness appointments, urgent and critical care, soft tissue and even orthopedic training.
Learning Opportunities: Experience the unique and challenging opportunity of working at an Emergency 24/7/365 clinic while training to become an excellent General Practitioner. This Associateship is designed to provide hands-on experience for those who are interested in small animal general practice and emergency medicine.
First Year Focus: This Associateship in Emergency Veterinary Medicine is applicable for qualified recent veterinary graduates seeking mentorship and increased emergency exposure! Associates will receive specialized mentorship and training that will include general practice, urgent care, surgery and emergency training. The objective of this first year is to build a well-rounded General Practitioner who can manage any case that walks into their hospital. The schedule will be a mixture of days, overnights and weekends, where they will have a dedicated mentor.
Associate DVM Responsibilities: Duties will range from primary case responsibility, records, radiograph and diagnostic interpretation, ultrasound, soft tissue surgeries, client and staff communications. A diverse case load, including general practice well-patient care, routine cases (such as ear infections, vomiting and diarrhea management, lameness, and dental health) along with emergent case management (such as GDV, foreign body, infectious, neoplasia, trauma, DKA, etc.)
- Diagnose, perform surgery and treat patients
- Maintain excellent client communication and education
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Call clients for follow up and to discuss results
- Set standards of care/protocols for medical and surgical areas
- Proven ability to perform all basic surgeries, including use of all standard medical instruments and equipment.
- Maintain practice growth and review financial reports
- Communicate clearly and accurately through written and verbal interactions
- Work in collaboration with practice manager for administrative management
- Deal with clients in a manner that shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism
You will gain exposure to a varied and challenging case load while you grow your veterinary knowledge and make a difference in the community!
Apply Today for Consideration!