Associate Veterinarian (with Mentorship program) available at Appanasha Pet Clinic!
At Appanasha Pet Clinic you will have the opportunity to work with a diverse case selection and learn the proper care and techniques that are applied in every day and urgent situations. Animals are brought to our clinic for a variety of reasons and ensuring that all receive the required care involves a lot of work.
Learning Opportunities: Experience the challenging opportunity of working at an eight doctor, fast-paced, well-established clinic while training to become an excellent general practitioner. This opportunity is designed to provide hands-on experience for those who are interested in small animal general practice.
First Year Focus: This Associateship in General Practice Medicine is applicable for qualified recent veterinary graduates seeking an excellent mentorship opportunity! Associates will receive specialized mentorship and training that will include general practice, urgent care, and soft tissue surgery. The objective of this first year is to build a well-rounded general practitioner who is able to manage any case that could walk into their clinic. The work load requires a minimum of 40 scheduled hours a week, with emphasis in client communication, routine wellness visits, at least 1 surgery/procedure day per week, while also maintaining a focus on day-to-day internal medicine cases.
Associate DVM Responsibilities: Duties will range from primary case responsibility, records, radiograph and diagnostic interpretation, ultrasound, soft tissue surgeries, client and staff communications. A diverse case load, including general practice well patient care, urgent cases (such as ear infections, vomiting and diarrhea management, lameness, and dental health) along with challenging case management (such as GDV, foreign body, infectious, neoplasia, trauma, DKA, etc.)
- Diagnose, perform surgery and treat patients
- Maintain excellent client communication and education
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Call clients for follow up and to discuss results
- Set standards of care/protocols for medical and surgical areas
- Proven ability to perform all basic surgeries, including use of all standard medical instruments and equipment.
- Maintain practice growth and review financial reports
- Communicate clearly and accurately through written and verbal interactions
- Work in collaboration with practice manager for administrative management
- Deal with clients in a manner that shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism
You will gain exposure to a varied and challenging case load while you grow your veterinary knowledge and make a difference in the community!
Apply Today for Consideration!