Job Title: Practice Manager
Reports to: Regional Operations Manager
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Practice Manager is a key member of Mission Veterinary Partners hospital management team. This position reports to the Regional Operations Manager and is responsible for the general management and oversight of operations at the specific clinic they manage. This position provides strategic and tactical leadership, counsel and direction to the team at the clinic to ensure safe, efficient, therapeutic and ethical patient care. Additionally, this position identifies and develops strategic growth opportunities, monitors performance, and implements strategies that align with Mission Veterinary Partners mission and values. Position has budget and P&L accountability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Responsible for delivering 5%+ organic revenue growth and clinic level Net Income of 20%+
- Oversee inventory counts and ordering
- Track metrics and success criteria including ROI for all activities and be able to identify areas of opportunity to grow the revenues and profitability of the clinic
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of competition; proactively assess related SWOT (division strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats); analyze and implement effective responses
- Support MVP accounting team with accounts payable and accounts receivable as needed
- Conduct marketing to attract new clients and retain existing clients
- Responsible for improving customer satisfaction and patient retention 10%+ per year
- Responsible for the appearance of the clinic (exterior and interior) given the importance that perception has on the patient
- Oversee equipment and facility maintenance
- Position has responsibility for hospital level trends impacting net promoter score
- Review, analyze, and address gaps in service excellence, policies, and/or procedures proactively; identify issues and implement solutions
- Develop clientele management strategies including retention, ACT maximization, reminder system management and client care improvements
- Responsible for improving employee satisfaction 10%+ per year
- Position has full supervisory responsibility for recruitment, hiring, promoting, retention, staff training and continuing education, performance development, performance management, salary adjustments, teammate relations, disciplinary actions, and termination of direct reports. Position has general, overall responsibility for teammate decisions within the clinic.
- Develop positive work relationships with all levels of management and other departments; work collaboratively with field management, veterinarians and non DVM staff
- Provide leadership to direct reports and strategic leadership to company
- Develop and foster a positive, fulfilling work environment within the division
- Know, understand, implement, follow, and communicate to teammates all Mission Veterinary Partners employment policies and procedures, awards, and other opportunities within company
- Identify and implement methods that enable all division teammates to excel in their assigned roles in a team environment; develop and foster a positive work environment
- Review, analyze, and implement staffing plans that promote the most effective use of teammates
- Know, understand, follow, and implement wage and hour laws, federal, state and local laws and regulations, Medicare, and legislation affecting employment; ensure compliance with all laws and regulations including Teammate Health and Safety Training Program and Mission Veterinary Partners healthcare clinical and safety standards
- Lead the business in controlled substance compliance and control
- Maintain OSHA compliance
- Attend practice manager meetings and training
- Healthcare provider operating experience strongly preferred; veterinary or similar provider services experience preferred
- Demonstrated track record of successful fiscal and operating management; demonstrated financial expertise
- Demonstrated experience in planning and managing at strategic and operational levels
- High School degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel required; intermediate skills and proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint required
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information throughout all levels of the organization or with all clients and team members.
- Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
- Ability to lift minimum of 2 pounds to a maximum of 20 pounds unassisted; able to sit stand, stoop, walk, stretch, reach frequently; moderate range of body motions.
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to Mission Veterinary Partners core values of Decisiveness, Integrity, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, & Treating others respectfully and professionally
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, DVMs, and teammates to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with an acute ability to listen attentively and to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills and ability to be “other-oriented”; ability to appreciate people with different backgrounds and points of view
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial openness and ability to explore new possibilities and to approach issues differently; a visionary; intellectually agile
- Demonstrated business acumen; able to assess financial implications of decisions and actions; able to understand what makes the businesses successful, and able to balance that with patient and teammate satisfaction
- Demonstrated expertise in building teams, managing and influencing people, processes and customer relationships
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of teammate management including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, retention, promoting, disciplinary actions, job performance evaluations, teammate professional development
- Demonstrated empathy and respect for teammates and patients