Job Title: VP of Human Resources
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Company: Mission Veterinary Partners
Location: Novi, MI (HQ Relocating to Southfield, MI)
Mission Veterinary Partners (“MVP” or the “Company”) is seeking a Vice President of Human Resources to join its team. The Company currently operates more than forty veterinary hospitals in the Midwestern United States and is a portfolio company of Shore Capital Partners. MVP is pursuing a strategy to grow via a combination of add-on acquisitions and organic growth initiatives that will expand the size of its network throughout the Midwest.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the VP of HR is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of talent management, change management, performance management, training and development, compensation, benefits and compliance, and succession planning. The VP of HR provides strategic leadership by articulating HR needs and plans to the executive management team and executing upon that strategy to build a best in class HR function.
Who we are:
While it’s important to know what we are, it’s also important to know what drives us. We have one mission: to be the employer of choice in veterinary medicine. We take the very best care of our veterinary teams so they can take care of their clients and patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
Strategic Leadership 25%
- Function as a strategic business advisor to senior management of each business unit or regional group regarding key organizational and management issues
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of strategic goals
- Serve as a thought leader and trusted counsel to the executive team members to lead continuous and sustainable transformation across the organization
- Work with the executive management to establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the firm
- Provide leadership to the HR Department and agency management on talent strategy and design, organizational culture and leadership capabilities.
- Influence and drive major operational, strategic and visionary decisions of all employee programs affecting the Company
- Develop HR strategies and processes to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives
HR Operational Excellence 25%
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by overseeing career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, compensation and benefits
- Oversee the development and monitoring of annual budgets for HR units with a focus on improving efficiency and reducing costs in those areas
- Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the Company’s mission and values
- Enhance communication flow between corporate support teams and hospital locations
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the HR staff; conduct annual and interim performance reviews; conduct staff meetings; and ensure that managers are kept informed of all organizational goals and objectives, activities, financial status, executive initiatives, etc.; promotes staff development
- Manage implementation and administration of HRIS to include data entry of all personnel-related information (personal information, hiring, salary, benefits, leave, etc.)
Compliance & Employee Benefits 25%
- Monitor and maintain policy compliance with all federal and state regulations and advise management regarding application of policies in order to mitigate liability and reduce the risk of claims related to non-compliance with laws, policies and regulations
- Responsible for oversight of the Company’s safety program including the management of workers’ compensation claims, cost monitoring and reporting
- Responsible for the selection, development and administration of competitive and cost-effective employee welfare programs and benefits; reviewing all benefit programs annually and implementing contract renewals, open enrollments, premium adjustments, etc.
- Oversee management and compliance with EEO policies and procedures to include federal reporting and EEO claims
Compensation & Performance Management 25%
- Build high performance organizational capability through partnership with Company leadership on talent management processes
- Develop and implement compensation policies and structure; price jobs to market and adjust job classification and pay schedules accordingly; oversee development, administration and adherence to a Classification and Compensation Plan
- Manage and develop team member reward and recognition programs, driving a pay-for-performance culture aligned with business objectives
- Foster a culture of leader ownership and accountability for all employees
- Coordinate and administer the Company’s performance management system for all employees; coordinate annual performance/salary reviews according to budget and procedures
Qualifications of the successful candidate will include:
- A minimum of 10 years of HR experience, with at least five years of senior level HR experience
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field required
- MBA or MA/MS in human resources or related field highly desired
- Professional HR accreditation: SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) preferred
- Experience strongly preferred in retail healthcare or similar multi-site / multi-state industry
- Excellent communication, organization and leadership skills
- An agile energetic open-minded approach to a people driven business
- Ability to manage remote teams
- Ability to analyze and problem solve strategically
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, and will include an attractive base salary and performance-based bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and 401K benefits.
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume and apply today!