Associate Veterinarian - Birmingham, MI
Birmingham, MI Posted: 8/15/2019
Associate Veterinarian - AAHA Accredited, 8 Doctor Facility / Excellent Schedule - Birmingham, MI
Gasow Veterinary Hospital is growing our team and proudly announces a full-time Associate Veterinarian opportunity in Birmingham, MI, located at:
36877 Woodward Ave, Birmingham, MI 48009
Gasow Veterinary Hospital has been an accredited member of the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) since 1954. Gasow Veterinary Hospital was founded in 1933 by Dr. Frederick H. Gasow. The current owner, Dr. Douglas J. Brooks, took over in 1994. Our 8 expert veterinarians and medical staff continue to practice the advanced, high-quality and compassionate medicine that has made Gasow Veterinary Hospital the choice of pet owners for generations. We believe pets deserve a comprehensive approach to wellness care and a wide range of treatment options, the medical team at Gasow Veterinary Hospital offers an integrative approach to pet care, combining state-of-the-art examination rooms and surgical suites along with modern diagnostic technology.
- Busy, well established small animal clinic
- Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Birmingham
- 8 Doctor practice led by an experienced Medical Director
- 8 Licensed Vet Technicians, 10 Vet Assistants, numerous additional support staff
- Walk-In and Appointment Block Schedule
- Mentorship Program Available so new/recent Graduates are encouraged to apply!
While under the supervision of the Hospital Manager for all non-medical work topics and the Regional Medical Director, the veterinarian must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties that include but are not limited to:
- Provide feedback and changes to the training program
- Mentor employees in the training program
- Provide guidance to the support staff to assure that the shift flows well
- Mentor employees for career advancement and personal development towards goals
- Provide input to the hospital manager for 360 degree employee performance evaluations.
Veterinarian Duties and Responsibilities:
- Passion for animals an active interest in their health and wellbeing. Excellent "Paw-Side" Manner!
- Diagnose, perform surgery and treat array of patients.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Call clients for follow up and to discuss results.
- Set standards of care/protocols for medical and surgical areas.
- Leadership skills - Ability to lead and establish a vision for the practice team.
- Proven ability to perform all basic surgeries, including use of all standard medical instruments and equipment.
- Perform medical duties.
- Maintain practice growth and review financial reports.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize, and thrive in an oftentimes fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Work collaboratively with practice manager for administrative management.
- High emotional intelligence - Deal with clients in a manner that shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism.
- To perform this job successfully it will be necessary to become proficient in the use of the practice management software (ImproMed).
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university prior to position start date.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state.
Already have an account? Log in here