Schaumburg and Palatine Area Practices
Full Time Certified Veterinary Technicians Needed for Growing Practices!
Mission Veterinary Partners is a network of passionate veterinary professionals who have one common philosophy: Passion for Pets, Compassion for People. MVP is committed to providing exceptional care to every pet we have the pleasure of knowing, and investing in every employee we have the pleasure of working with. By providing excellent compensation, mentorship opportunities, benefits, paid time off, and other perks to our Teammates, we are focused on improving the quality of medicine we practice by hiring and rewarding the MVP'S of veterinary care whose sole mission is to positively impact the lives of every patient and client we work with.
Summary: A veterinary technician must be able to provide leadership and training to the medical support staff in the operation of a small animal facility in accordance with hospital policy and procedures and provide medical care to patients as allowed in the veterinary practice act.
While under the supervision of the technical supervisor, hospital manager, the hospital director, and the managing owners, a veterinary technician must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties that include but are not limited to:
- Provide patient care under the supervision and direction of a DVM
- Possess a strong knowledge of feline and canine anatomy and physiology and familiarity with small mammals like rabbits and guinea pigs.
- Maintain excellent client communication.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental, nursing skills, and anesthetic monitoring.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Provide client care for scheduling appointments, taking payments and checking in clients.
- Answer the phones in a courteous and informative way and able to triage care
- Assist in all daily duties for clinic care/maintenance
- Participate in jobs shadows, working interviews, mentorship, 360-degree employee performance evaluations, monthly OSHA training, and CE opportunities as necessary
- Provide guidance to other support staff and assures that shifts are appropriately covered and appointments flow well
Certificates and Licenses:
A certified veterinary technician license is preferred