Veterinary Practice Management Technology Specialist
Novi, MI Posted: 9/3/2019
Veterinary Practice Management Technology Specialist (PMTS)
Mission Veterinary Partners (“MVP”), formerly known as Midwest Veterinary Partners, is a rapidly expanding network of animal hospitals founded in 2017 and based in Novi, Michigan. We currently have 47 locations spanning 4 states. While it’s important to know what we are, it’s also important to know what drives us and that is our mission: To be THE employer of choice in veterinary medicine. We take the very best care of our veterinary teams so they can take care of their clients and patients.
The full time Practice Management & Technology Specialist (PMTS) position based out of our home office in MI will take a consultative and supportive approach to working within our practice management software system and other technology tools. The specialist will also serve as a direct support for hospital wide initiatives both at the home office as well as within our network teams and will be responsible for creation of company-wide surveys and follow up. The PMTS will work closely with the VP of Continuous Improvement, our dedicated IT specialists and our Chief Financial Officer to support our goals of improving hospital and financial performance.
As we migrate our current and growing network of veterinary hospitals into a uniform practice management system, the PMTS will help simplify the process through incoming data normalization as well as creation and implementation to a new custom item portfolio. The PMTS will also be heavily involved in revenue optimization within revenue categories and their use within the hospital team. Expense analysis within inventory and expertise on ordering and product selection at the hospital level to ensure in alignment with standard metrics will be a vital part of the position. As a result, the PMTS will help increase practice efficiencies through the use of technology.
- Motivated & self-directed energetic individual who loves veterinary medicine and has a keen understanding of veterinary terminology, the use and needs of different key areas of the practice management software for usefulness within a clinical setting.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work across many different leading veterinary practice management systems to help Practice managers and other key leaders most efficiently set up and use their system to best meet company goals
- Desire to share best practices in inventory control, test ordering through various platforms, diagnostic usage at the hospital level to drive efficiency and lifelong learning
- Detail oriented and able to work efficiently to advance project goals
- Ability to meet deadlines on a recurring basis and be comfortable performing in an ever-changing environment
- Excellent verbal (via telephone and in person), written (via email) communication and documentation skills
- Strong listening, presentation and follow-up skills
- Desire to grow with a company and make a meaningful impact to MVP team
- LVT, CVT or equivalent strongly preferred
- A minimum of 3+ years in a busy veterinary medical clinical practice (private or corporate) in lead role
- Strong experience using Practice Management Software and Inventory ordering and management regularly in day to day operations
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates Degree in Veterinary Health related field
- Clinically and business focused
- Ability/willingness to travel, both long distance or air travel as needed, up to 10% of the time
- Passion for teaching and keen ability to coach others, including veterinarians, executives & clinical team
- Familiarity with Veterinary Practice Management and/or EMR software systems
- Energetic team player
- Creative problem-solver
Already have an account? Log in here