Staff Accountant (Novi/Southfield)
Novi, MI Posted: 9/5/2019
Position: Staff Accountant
Company: Mission Veterinary Partners
Location: Novi, MI
Mission Veterinary Partners (the “Company”) is seeking a Staff Accountant to join its corporate team. The Company operates thirty-eight veterinary hospitals in the Midwestern United States and is a portfolio company of Shore Capital Partners. The Company is pursuing a strategy to grow via a combination of add-on acquisitions and organic growth initiatives over time, and will expand the size of its network throughout the Midwest.
Reporting directly to the Controller, the Staff Accountant will be an integral part of the accounting function at the Company and will be responsible for multiple facets of the general ledger and related reconciliation and reporting activities. The Staff Accountant will also work closely with the accounts payable team to ensure accuracy and timeliness in processing of accounts payable and the reconciliation of all subledgers.
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts and subsidiary ledgers by verifying transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue and expense transactions by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Review and post monthly, quarterly or yearly accruals.
- Participate in year end processes that include the external audit, 1099 processing, property tax returns, sales tax returns and annual renewals.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Other related accounting duties as assigned.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with experience in a service-based business to join an entrepreneurial environment and contribute to the accounting function for a high-growth company. Qualifications of the successful candidate will include:
- Knowledge of GAAP, IFRS and researching skills
- Foreign Exchange and Joint Venture accounting
- Ability to analyze and audit general ledger information
- Proficient in data entry and management
- 3+ years in a staff accountant role or related accounting experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to be a proactive member of a small team
- Experience with Microsoft Office (primarily Excel)
Already have an account? Log in here