Veterinary Technician or Elevated Veterinary Assistant Needed ASAP
Plymouth, MI Posted: 9/10/2019
Country Cat Clinic
6279 N. Territorial Rd.
Plymouth, MI 48127
Veterinary Technician or Elevated Veterinary Assistant
*Are you looking for the next step as a VA, do you want to pursue a technician role? Apply today for immediate consideration! Experience Required*
Feline Exclusive/ Beautiful Clinic
We are a feline exclusive clinic in a beautiful country like setting. We offer state of the art equipment and lots of training opportunities. We have a well-established staff. Come check out all the things we offer here at Country Cat Clinic!
A licensed veterinary technician must be able to provide leadership and training to the medical support staff in the operation of a small animal facility in accordance with hospital policy and procedures and provide medical care to patients as allowed in the veterinary practice act.
- Take part in jobs shadows or working interviews as necessary
- Take part in training as necessary
- Provide guidance to the support staff to assure that the shift flows well
- Mentor employees for career advancement and personal development towards goals
- Provide input to the hospital manager for 360-degree employee performance evaluations.
- Provide patient care under the supervision and direction of a DVM.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information. Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Provide client care for scheduling appointments, taking payments and checking in clients.
- Answer the phones in a courteous and informative way
- Assist in all daily duties for clinic care.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties.
- It will be necessary to become proficient in the use of the practice management software (IntraVet).
Certificates and Licenses:
- A licensed veterinary technician license is preferred.
Already have an account? Log in here