Associate Veterinarian - Greenfield, WI
Greenfield, WI Posted: 9/12/2019
Advanced Animal of Wisconsin is growing our team and proudly announces a full-time Associate Veterinarian opportunity in Greenfield, WI located at:
3374 W. Loomis Road, Greenfield, WI 53221
Opportunity to join a respected veterinary clinic with a team that works well together promoting an atmosphere of continued learning and growth.
While under the supervision of the Hospital Manager for all non-medical work topics and the Regional Medical Director, the veterinarian must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties that include but are not limited to:
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university prior to position start date.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state.
- Provide feedback and changes to the training program
- Mentor employees in the training program
- Provide guidance to the support staff to assure that the shift flows well
- Mentor employees for career advancement and personal development towards goals
- Provide input to the hospital manager for 360 degree employee performance evaluations.
Veterinarian Duties and Responsibilities:
- Passion for animals an active interest in their health and wellbeing. Excellent "Paw-Side" Manner!
- Diagnose, perform surgery and treat array of patients.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Call clients for follow up and to discuss results.
- Set standards of care/protocols for medical and surgical areas.
- Leadership skills - Ability to lead and establish a vision for the practice team.
- Proven ability to perform all basic surgeries, including use of all standard medical instruments and equipment.
- Perform medical duties.
- Maintain practice growth and review financial reports.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize, and thrive in an oftentimes fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Work collaboratively with practice manager for administrative management.
- High emotional intelligence - Deal with clients in a manner that shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism.
Apply Today for Immediate Consideration!
Already have an account? Log in here